lucas oil products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i found :cool: two 32 oz. synthetic sae 75w-90 gear oil among my oils. anyway....is two of these MORE then enough to do rear. rear looks big.....only 2 quarts fills entire rear to filling hole?...... or go get 3rd bottle just in case? :popcorn: i can use this oil correct?is it ok on my expedition?

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its in there....let me go see. i got manuel in house.....lets c. :gathering: i can use this oil thou right?

nonwoven29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I Believe if you have a Sterling 9.75 rear limited slip it should be 75-140 synthetic with a little bottle of additive. I think the 9.75 is like 3qts.

I think you might be able to use that in the front 8.8diff

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what does ford recommend....didnt look up but asking here? id rather put in the right stuff and pay rather then use what i found home. so....let me get this straight..... the front diff. the rear diff and the transfer case use 3 different types of oil? if so....i wanna use what ford puts in. let me know people :happy160: gonna look in hynes repair manuel. thought i had original manuel to truck...i dont.

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

you can get a copy of the owners manual on

owner.ford.com

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i read on 4x4 EXPLORER manuel it uses same as transmission in transfer case.."motocraft mercon atf".....so im thinking expedition would use same as its trans fluid..... "mercon v". which i have case of castrol :happy160: the HAYNES expedition manuel sucks...says to top off with specified oil....book barely helps when i need it....lol going to friends salvage/service yard get a manuel if i could find one. i wouldnt ask mech there what fluids they use cause its not the greatest but gonna try to ask/bother my friend(owner) what oil weight is used on different parts....

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

That is why I sent you information on getting a Ford Service Manual on DVD Its always better to get the correct information from the Ford Owners Manual or Service Manual then getting it second hand and possibly getting the wrong information The owners manual is Free the Service is cheaper that Haynes or the other brands

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
copy that....:happy160: wow....great site. TXS gonna put 3000 miles inside 12 days in less then couple months from now. wanna check everything....truck has done it twice before 2011 and 12. jersey to miami to orlando to jersey....very hot down there so....

Last edited: