Make and Model folks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I love crown Vic’s. Love Lincoln town-cars too. Since this will be driven in Fl mostly and would like to do occasional road travel and my wife likes sleeping in the back seat when I insist on driving through the night I think we may have found a winner!

Lincoln Town Car !!

This is for my retirement so it is fitting.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gotta be a truck to haul stuff in, if need be. Of course I’ll be pushing up daisies in 25 so I would only need it to last 15 years.....lol

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I'm with the Crown Vic. Had a bunch of them in the family and sold them all at over 250K. Easy to fix, safe, comfortable and cheap. All the reasons every police department used them.

Beware of the little four-bangers with timing belts. Haven't seen many of them go on for very long...

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually, if you keep changing out the timing belts every 90k, the Toyota's will easily top 300k. A friend of mine used a beat looking Corolla for his Chinese food delivery. He finally sent it to the crusher at 325k. And I know he pushed the timing belt way past 90.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still would opt for a 2000 Ford expedition 4.6 L. In your place spares are easily available and it could easily survive another 20 years from now provided you hoard enough essential spare parts. Good day!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The 2000 Expeditions were good cars as long as you watch for their faults -- Spitting plugs, breaking exhaust manifold bolts and rotting rear end parts.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lincoln Town Car for the win.

Rear air bags are only 70.00 a set now on ebay and I can change a set in less than 45 mins.
Any used on and all 03 and newer already has the intake that won't crack in front.
Most used will have blend door or actuator already fixed too.
heater core would be only other possible hard repair or expense.
Still lots of nice ones with miles around 100k for cheap.
Get a newer one with lower miles and change coolant regularly and heater core can last a long time.
I just did one a few months ago that was original ford one in a 99 with 168K on it.
That's pretty good. And that coolant had not been maintained.

They are much easier to work on than an expedition or truck.
You could even get an L car (6 inch longer with more rear legroom) if you want but those often have some miles and get a premium in price.
Can't get a factory moonroof in an L though so for some that's a deal breaker. (factory vanity mirrors in headliner)

Engines and trans are almost dime a dozen.

Great durable leather...much better than Navigator.

Solid rear axle with little to no repairs or maintenance needed.
Get a rust free one from dry or salt free state and keep it in and it will last a long while.

WesT

Reaction score
No suspension is no fun...had one...now 2008 FLHTCUSE3...WesScreaminEagle.jpg