May need to sell the Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what to do....

I'm taking a job on a small island in the Bahamas, it's so small that it would be silly to have a full size truck. Everyone uses golf carts and utvs to get around.

It's going to cost me nearly $2000 a year to store it, and I'm not sure that it's worth it. Especially since I only have 3 weeks of vacation to use it.

I'm just not sure if I should hang on to it 'just in case' the job doesn't work out.

So I'm accepting advice and, I suppose, offers on the truck.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would say store it with family so i will get some attention every now and then. Its not good to just let a vehicle sit. It needs to be started once a week and maybe a trip once a month. If not it would be best to sell it.

I would hate to see you sell it! It would be like selling one of your kids! Its obvious that you love your truck because it has had a lot of love and money put into it. And i would hate to see it go!

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in Fl so you can leave it at my house. This way its not that far to get it if it doesn't work out and if you decide to take it there, its not that far. Just make sure you leave the keys and a full tank of gas.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what to do....

I'm taking a job on a small island in the Bahamas, it's so small that it would be silly to have a full size truck. Everyone uses golf carts and utvs to get around.

It's going to cost me nearly $2000 a year to store it, and I'm not sure that it's worth it. Especially since I only have 3 weeks of vacation to use it.

I'm just not sure if I should hang on to it 'just in case' the job doesn't work out.

So I'm accepting advice and, I suppose, offers on the truck.

Going to live in the Bahamas!! Wow..must be nice. Not sure I would be too concerned with the expy if I lived there. But anyways.. is it a short term thing..1 maybe 2 years or permanent? If it is more than a few years I would sell or take it with you.

You do have a very nice expy you have put a lot of time and effort into so I am sure that makes the decision more difficult but moving to the bahamas is a major lifestyle change. Wish you the best of luck whichever route you take.

Last edited:

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm the kinda of guy who likes to buck the common trend... Here in Hawaii, everyone is going green... Sooo, what do i do.. go big :)

I would take your toy and see how you and expy likes it there... Remember... Even the Bahamas have hurricanes and some flooding... Try getting the family and things out to higher ground in a golf cart..

:smile:

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Just re-read your post. So you are concerned with "just in case" your job does not work out as planned. Hummm. This would make it more worthwhile to hold onto...at least temporarily. But how difficult would it be to sell if you so choose say 6 months from now??

I see your dilemma!

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Although I'd love to, taking it with me is just not practical. The entire island is less than 4 sq miles. It would also cost quite a bit to have it shipped.

I think that I may just store it for a few months and then, assuming things with the job work out, sell it when I'm back during my 'vacation' in the fall.

Right now, I'm looking for a storage place near Ft. Lauderdale, since that's where I'll be flying in and out of. Thus far, I haven't been able to find indoor storage any less than $200 a month. I'm not thrilled about the idea of outdoor storage, even though it's less thank half that price. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would take it with me, even so the island is only 4 sqaure miles i would not part with my expedition, too much time and money in it and I know you got alot of time and money in yours. even if the islands only 4 square miles you could still drive it and you prolly wont use that much gas.

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Unfortunately taking it with me is just not an option. I'm not even taking the Ducati.

So I guess that I'm going to look for a cheap place to store it in Florida until the fall, and then perhaps sell it.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id hold it until your certain about the new job... then sell it... I am tossing around the idea of selling mine next year to help get a house