Mice inside my 2015 Limited EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A mouse somehow got inside the cab of my Expedition. Does anyone know of known access points for these jerks? He’s gotten into everything...somehow he even got into the center console....I’ve never had a mouse in my vehicle in 25 vehicles I’ve owned and driven over the past 19 years...
6f3b4b7eb059e84b45a938972f3e3176.jpgae474adef4327a05f270877c5cc5269e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mice can enter small openings, including the air inlet grille.

I had one build in a nest in the HVAC ductwork on my 1999 Corvette - while it was being stored inside during the winter (covered with a car cover).

In the spring when I first started and drove it, the HVAC was not putting out a lot of air - then I suddenly heard a “thump” and the HVAC fan began to squeal.

I removed the passenger seat for access, then the HVAC fan. The mouse nest had been sucked into the HVAC fan squirrel (mouse.... ) cage.

I now put traps inside the car when I store it in the winter. Amazon sells no-kill mice traps that work well. If you use a spring-trap or sticky-bait type traps, you run the risk of them dragging the trap if they’re not killed - or if they are killed, rotting away and sticking up your vehicle.

Do you keep any food items in the vehicle? Are the pictures you posted of a cotton cloth, or some type of insulation?

(I own a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4).

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, keep those things away from me. Idk how they would get in but hope you get them out lol.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mice can literally flatten their bodies to crawl through the smallest opening. I once left a used bag of fast food in my old Datsun 240z. Scared the hell out of me when I grabbed the bag to throw out, and the mouse scurried off. Never left fast food bags again!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found the nest in the trunk. The stuff you see in the cotton cloth and some tissue material from a box of tissue.31e0a5b1b09a445554b0c051da5c6f57.jpg

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found the nest in the trunk. The stuff you see in the cotton cloth and some tissue material from a box of tissue.31e0a5b1b09a445554b0c051da5c6f57.jpg

Wow, that's a bummer. I would set one of the no kill traps to avoid the mouse getting stuck somewhere in the truck. I had an issue last year with mice getting in my house and those trays worked well. I baited it with peanut butter and they couldn't resist it. Good luck.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They make glue traps that will hold the mouse forever. You just throw the whole thing away.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A mouse somehow got inside the cab of my Expedition. Does anyone know of known access points for these jerks? He’s gotten into everything...somehow he even got into the center console....I’ve never had a mouse in my vehicle in 25 vehicles I’ve owned and driven over the past 19 years...

Wow! I hate those damned things. There are some openings in the firewall. They have to climb up a tire and follow the axle or suspension to a place where they can get in.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You get in your Suv and hear a squeak, that you can't figure out, look down, and see that pitiful little face wriggling, and take your long reach needle nose or channel lock pliers, grab the trap, and off to the garbage he goes! Like clearing out your garage, don't look back!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357