Michelin LTX 265/70/18 E rated option - would you buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arbetrader

Reaction score
This is a 32.7" tire. However it is about 3/4" narrower than the standard 275's. I like the added height - my 275/65's actually rub my felt liner because the liners are a bit sagging etc - but I doubt they'll rub any more than those due to them being narrower.

My question is - I'm going to be towing about 6000-6500lbs trailer plus have family in the vehicle. Do you think the difference in tire width is going to be noticable for handling etc?

I can get a really good deal on these tires so just thought I'd put it out there...

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
Look at the load rating for the tires compared to oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

arbetrader

Reaction score
Look at the load rating for the tires compared to oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the reason I want E rated tires. They last longer, they perform better under abuse, and they will handle better with a heavy load and valuable passengers on board. I do not want factory C rated passenger tires for that reason. I'm more or less wondering if anyone here has driven on tires with a 265 series width - and who may care to comment on that with general handling characteristics compared to the factory 27.5mm width

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You won't notice a difference in the width but e rated tires are a must for towing with these trucks in my opinion. They ride a bit rougher but it's outweighed by the added control of the trailer and more safety. A bit more but worth every penny.