miles and maint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msgree

Reaction score
How many miles do you guys have on your ride.
What services should be done.

I have 136K on mine. I want to go x country and just want to be safe. I know the brakes are good etc. But what miles should belt, hoses, radiator service etc.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bring a belt,bring a alternator....i got extra parts,new! when i travel...i always take those with me plus a starter never mind tools. YOU NEVER KNOW. x country nice ride...i just go from nj to keys or miami...."if" you have extra part take even after checking your truck. check oil lines to filter and all the lines and hoses in front under bumper. front bottom of engine....look hard cause those hoses go especially long rides at over 70 mph.dry them now...wipe nice and clean,run truck,go back under and inspect for leaks...but reach in there and clean/dry those hoses and lines...get dirty....lol if your carrying seriouse weight....chk those control arms that rust in rear....they go only with extreme weight after hitting nice pot hole. change oil of coarse before u leave then do it where ever you travel to before return. i do mine in fl when i arrive myself...i drain but dont change filter till i get back home.....go under truck....DRY EVERYTHING....so that when you go back under you see where wet oil spots are...id do it now and check couple day later....thats what i do cause id hate to break dwn for something simple like a starter alternator ect and get charged arm leg cause you got out of state plates.....only thing MAJOR that can happen.....IS YOUR TRANSMISSION BROTHER.....make sure trans cooler is clean. dont change fluid....lol. why trans (ford) go bad after changing fluid...ill tell ya....new fluid in trans get bubbly...like soap...new fluid! thats what ruins trans....your suppose to try to take out a quart or 2.....then refill by disconnecting a line....messy and SOMETIMES hard to get line back on....ive done it....167,000 miles i got only did it once....k. have good trip....if you got over the plug coils....buy a couple and then return when you get back home....lol. i brought my 2 coil packs just in case.....why not. my is 1st gen...i got coil packs which i think is better. changed them just to change....so i still had old ones.

Last edited: