Misbehaving alarm system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennS

Reaction score
Hi - I'm new here, but I'm looking for some assistance/info.

I've got a 01 EB, 5.4 2WD, with factory "alarm" system.
Recently, on 2 occasions when driving the alarm system appears to be triggered. About 5 short toots of the horn sound, which repeat after some short time interval, and the little red light below the steering column begins flashing.

This has happened to me once, and when I shut off the ignition, the alarm sounded.

Any ideas on what is going on here ?

Thx

dyurkosr

Reaction score
Glenn, I don't think your dealing with a factory Ford alarm. Look under the dashboard in the area close to the light or trace the "red" light wires to a black box. Find out who makes it and look in the phone book for a repair rep in your area. I hate all types of aftermarket alarms. They usually play heck on the factory stuff in your truck after a few years of use. If it we're mine, Id rip it out! Dan

rjstat

Reaction score
When I got my 05 I wanted remote start the dealer installed a Code Alert alarm system if I use the key pad to open the vehicle while the alarm is set and you start the vehicle the lights on the dash and radio blink. I then have to shut the engine and dissarm the alarm system. I should of stuck with the factory system.