misfire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogre20012001

Reaction score
ok so I have a misfire code on cylinder 7. my question is how hard is it to pull cop? do I need to pull fuel rail?
I'm new to this 5.4L ford engine. I'm used to the old 302/5.0 and 351/5.8 so this new modular v8 is all new to me.
back ground is 2003 expedition 5.4 Eddie bouer 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
#7 is under the fuel pressure regulator. In my case it is inaccessible due to my large aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. I have to lift my fuel rail to get to #7. Cannot recall if I had enough access with the stock regulator.

OP
OP
ogre20012001

ogre20012001

Reaction score
ok thanks
what is the number sequence on the cylinders?
is it the same as the old blocks or is it different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Passenger has 1,2,3,4 starting from front to back

Driver is 5,6,7,8 from front to back. 7 is accessible using a 7mm universal combo to remove the COP bolt. Then it comes out with a little wiggling.

Now this is with a 1st gen, I doubt there is too much difference on the 2nd gen but there might be some.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh ok. I get a slight misfire intermittently here and there but no code ever appears.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh ok. I get a slight misfire intermittently here and there but no code ever appears.

Usually means it isn't bad enough to set a code. Just give it time and it should pop a code. How long has it been since you did a plug change? Might have a bad COP