My first Ford Expedition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is super easy to get out and put back. not hard at all and you get your odometer/ trip back for good.
I had to because i use my trip for every tank of gas to monitor my MPG

backnine29

Reaction score
It is super easy to get out and put back. not hard at all and you get your odometer/ trip back for good.
I had to because i use my trip for every tank of gas to monitor my MPG
Watching the video had me envisioning a struggling, 6 hour project just to get the dash off- OR getting the dash out without much problem then taking 6 hours to get in back in. I would need to set aside a full day for the project given my low confidence level over it. Pretty apparent that I am not mechanically inclined. [emoji37]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I’m telling ya I got an anxiety attack watching that dude pull apart all those panels.

Wonder what my Indy would charge?

I need my trip odometer daily.

backnine29

Reaction score
I was given an estimate of $740 by my local mechanic to fix it. Dealer probably $1500!!

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have put off fixing mine, keeping a mileage log whenever it blinks on. There are about 24 screws to remove, 17 on the dash, another 7 in the cluster. The fix is simple enough. Do remove the old solder with a solder wick before globbing on a bunch of solder. There are a couple videos on line explaining this. Don't screw up the shift indicator cable.

After I fix my driver side power window, the ODO is next on the list.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

brhulen

Reaction score
Our 1997 XLT with the 4.6 has a little over 187k on the clock. Have replaced the GEM module twice and getting ready now to replace it along with the fuse block for the third and last time! The dealership initially told me it was the leaky windshield so replaced that and the first GEM and it still leaked. So took it back in and they told me the new windshield was also leaking and no way to reseal. So a second new windshield was installed and lo and behold they then discovered it was the body molding leaking and not the windshield. Did I mention that the i had to put in another GEM module? The vehicle sat for a few months and when I went out to start it it exhibited all the signs and symptoms of a bad GEM again. So this time I'm determined to replace the GEM and fuse panel myself and see if there is some other way to keep water from getting in there. Otherwise it's been a good rig and otherwise bullet proof reliable. Regarding the transmission flush, I've always heard it's better to simply drain and install new filter and gasket as sometimes flushing on a high mileage unit can dislodge sludge particles that don't get flushed out and may get lodged in passageways in the tranny

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Re the tranny flush. It’s probably not a good idea if you have high miles and never done it before.

My truck has had it since 50k so it never got sludge to begin with. Shifts so smooth you can hardly feel it.

Bilsto

Reaction score
I was given an estimate of $740 by my local mechanic to fix it. Dealer probably $1500!!

Good God. They must be quoting replacement of the whole kit n' caboodle. I wish I could help.