My old "lil" garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMike

Reaction score
I don't have anything cooking at the moment in the garage. (My garage is fill full of wife and kids crap).
But a few years ago I was heavy in to offroad racing..... but not full scale.lol.

This is what I used to offroad with.
3-31mugen.jpg
3-31mugen1.jpg

This is one of the old indoor tracks we raced on in the winters.
nb4.jpg

Was a real fun time in those days. But I am looking forward to offroading on a much larger scale now!

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that kind of thing cost to do?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MadMike

MadMike

Reaction score
That kit cost $589 at the time. The motor & pipe $400, the shocks $150 , the wheels and rims $100 , the remote system $400.

And thats just that truggy in the pic. With all of the other stuff required to start the thing and the fuel it adds up WAY to fast. I was racing onroad and offroad cars.

When I stopped a few years ago fuel was almost $40 a gallon, and most races were costing @$18. Not to mention most tracks were a few hours away.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd like to get into that too!!! i used to rc all the time...the small ones though

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fuel? it takes gas? i thought it was a huge RC...never mind...lol...i'll continue to put in my truck

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Freeway, it takes FUEL. It's not electric. Damn are they expensive. Can you actually win money to make it with it or just pay to play?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MadMike

MadMike

Reaction score
What most guys do is race to get sponsers then it will get way easier to save on parts and fuel and stuff like that.

Only the big pros get the good cash. We raced for trophies and bragging rights. I was in a few clubs and ran in points series every year.

If your in to it just for fun... its not that bad on the wallet. With the invention of Brushless electric motors and Li-po batteries its much easier to play and still go crazy fast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire