My Salesman Called today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has in the past. In 2007 MSRP dropped something like $5-$6,000 per trim level to keep them selling. In 2007 they started at $29,000, not much more than when the Expedition debuted in 1997. Five years ago a base Expedition was $36,500 today it’s $53,000 that’s a lot more than a little inflation at work. That’s an $16,500 increase in 5 FIVE years.

Yes, we agree, like I said, the price of these large SUVs have outpaced inflation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just finished test driving a Reserve today. Damnit now I have to come up with more cash! They are insanely nice.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wpuld love to drive a nav. Sae a video of a black label with chalet theme, makes you not wanna chauffeur anybody. "Better not dirty up my carpet!!"

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They're just matching (actually still a little under) the prices of the past/current segment leaders. This price level is nothing new, and hasn't really seemed to curb consumer appetite. Yeah it's high "for a Ford" but these new vehicles compare very favorably to GM's offerings.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well $88,000 is not bad by Escalade profilers......a few more deals and they can probably make the down payment and one or two more monthly payments before the Navigator ends up back at the dealer lot and the former owner is on a "vacation" for a few years if society is lucky.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well $88,000 is not bad by Escalade profilers......a few more deals and they can probably make the down payment and one or two more monthly payments before the Navigator ends up back at the dealer lot and the former owner is on a "vacation" for a few years if society is lucky.

And the 28" spinners go back to the pawnshop...

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They're just matching (actually still a little under) the prices of the past/current segment leaders. This price level is nothing new, and hasn't really seemed to curb consumer appetite. Yeah it's high "for a Ford" but these new vehicles compare very favorably to GM's offerings.
Yeah, I get the impression that the previous versions of the Expedition has been Ford trying to beat the GM products on price while still matching the specs. If you look at the sales numbers, the market spoke and said it didn't really care about the price. With the 4th gen, I get the impression Ford has changed their strategy to match GM on price and offer a better product.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From a business perspective (not a moral one), I agree with Ford's Navigator matching GM pricing on Cadillac Escalade, it is "easy money" for them while the huge illegal street drug business exists, which seems to only be growing as more states legalize pot, which then the dealers use to boost their trades on more serious drugs. Combined with the low interest rates (I got 2.2% on my recent 2017 Expedition purchase) it is simple for the bad guys to get their vehicle "status bling" as easily as a few big gold chains, almost to the point of being stereotypical.
Probably the actual price spread between nearly identical new Expeditions and Navigators will only grow (my Expedition Limited after rebates and discounts took a $62,900 unit down to a new (before trade) price of $48,900 then gave me more money for my Acadia trade than GM would!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From a business perspective (not a moral one), I agree with Ford's Navigator matching GM pricing on Cadillac Escalade, it is "easy money" for them while the huge illegal street drug business exists, which seems to only be growing as more states legalize pot, which then the dealers use to boost their trades on more serious drugs. Combined with the low interest rates (I got 2.2% on my recent 2017 Expedition purchase) it is simple for the bad guys to get their vehicle "status bling" as easily as a few big gold chains, almost to the point of being stereotypical.
Probably the actual price spread between nearly identical new Expeditions and Navigators will only grow (my Expedition Limited after rebates and discounts took a $62,900 unit down to a new (before trade) price of $48,900 then gave me more money for my Acadia trade than GM would!
I had no clue that there are enough drug dealers to be targeted as a sales demographic by the big three.... I must be missing the sarcasm somewhere but it’s early and I haven’t finished my coffee yet.