My Salesman Called today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cy Webit

Reaction score
BUT we NEED vehicles like these!!!!
avtoros-shaman-designboom-121.jpg

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New cars seem to be a better deal nowadays...which is contrary to what I've always believed and seen...
And if low cost financing (0-2%) is available on that new car, the new car looks even better when you consider potential investment returns enabled by taking the financing and keeping your money invested for a few more years...

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And then there is the “no haggle pricing”. Yeah right I ain’t falling for “the lowest price possible already”.
“I’m only making enough money to keep the lights on”.
Sure
I’m loyal to my self and my money not to a brand or dealer or salesman. Of course I’m not going to pay what the dealer is asking for, I’m going to try the best deal possible.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here locally, i can get a brand new 18 Expy Platinum for 74K. the used one on the lot (dealer demo the past 6 weeks w/3K miles)? 73K....

New cars seem to be a better deal nowadays...which is contrary to what I've always believed and seen...

Also, with all the recent flooding, storms, and hurricanes I worry about buying used more than I did a few years ago. There are some unscrupulous people out there, and doctoring up flooded vehicles happens all the time, unfortunately.

Allen Miller

Reaction score
Carfax is often little more than a marketing gimmick to hide unreported damage. I've seen cars (even an expedition) with water lines in the interior that had a clean carfax. None of the power seats worked, and the frame was rotting away on a car that had only 100k miles on it, recently brought up from roughly where Hurricane Matthew had been through. Still had a clean carfax though, and I"m sure some unsuspecting buyer is driving it around.

It can be a useful tool to find reported damage that a seller isn't disclosing, but a clean carfax in no way indicates a clean car.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
An interesting discussion and interesting to note the demographics of new car buyers. Here in New York, most new cars are sold to those with lower net worth and average income. Typically, "consumers". Those who invest or who seek any sort of financial independence usually opt to save money in this area by buying better used cars, avoiding the massive depreciation.

Local law enforcement view the new car owner pretty negatively. Generally, they expect to find a newly employed kid, low wage earning minority, or clueless trophy wife when they pull over a new car.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here locally, i can get a brand new 18 Expy Platinum for 74K. the used one on the lot (dealer demo the past 6 weeks w/3K miles)? 73K....

There is a 16’ by me for a bit over $30,000, the 18’ is $70,000 lol. Buying that new is a joke when compared to what’s sitting next to it. The 18’ will lose $30-40,000 in value in 2-3 years.

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An interesting discussion and interesting to note the demographics of new car buyers. Here in New York, most new cars are sold to those with lower net worth and average income. Typically, "consumers". Those who invest or who seek any sort of financial independence usually opt to save money in this area by buying better used cars, avoiding the massive depreciation.

Local law enforcement view the new car owner pretty negatively. Generally, they expect to find a newly employed kid, low wage earning minority, or clueless trophy wife when they pull over a new car.

I agree if you one savy
consumer part but I think that’s every where.