My Timberline told be to take a break?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went to the supermarket and on the way back I got this message. No idea why.
I was rocking some Ronnie James Dio pretty loud so maybe Ford is not a Dio fan.
1657591247662.png

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went to the supermarket and on the way back I got this message. No idea why.
I was rocking some Ronnie James Dio pretty loud so maybe Ford is not a Dio fan.
View attachment 74321

What does your vehicle owner’s manual state about this warning?

Could you have been driving erratically, causing the vehicle to display this warning?

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got it once. I think it was because I touched the white line on the side of the road a few too many times. It thought I was dozing off.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got that one day in my 19' max. It was super windy that day and I hit the white line a number of times and that icon came up. I laughed and kept battling the wind.

Last edited:

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've gotten it once before in my '18 MAX. I was towing our travel trailer in gusty crosswinds and kept getting pushed around. I ignored it and it popped up another warning that was more direct. I don't remember the wording, but it changed from "rest suggested" to something along the lines of "pull over now". I forgot all about it until this post. Good times.

ColoradoJon

Reaction score
Let my friend borrow mine and he thought this alert was real fancy. I told him he needed to be a better driver and it would leave him alone. He is not the greatest driver, I always opt to drive when going anywhere. He doesn't borrow it anymore, he gets the Sienna if he asks and even then it has the take a break alert as well.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lane departure or something in the safety tech.

If you are wandering a little too much it alerts you as if you were falling asleep.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife rarely drives mine, but one day she was driving with me in passenger seat and that came up. From that day on, she finally quit saying she was a better driver than me as I've NEVER seen that message before in 40,000 miles! lol

stilbo

Reaction score
The vehicle monitors the length of time that the driver’s eyes are closed. Anything longer than three seconds registers as the driver dozing off.
You closed your eyes just long enough while jamming to Dio.