Navigation Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robert2446

Reaction score
:confused: :confused:
Have a 2005 Expedition and removed the stock 6-disk cd player, upgrading to Ford's Navigation CD-Rom unit. Plugs don't match!
Anyone able to point me in the right direction for a wire harness for upgrading a ford factory cd radio wiring to a ford nav. unit would be great!
Even if I could locate a wiring harness for the Nav. unit I could splice into my existing wires, I know these systems have been upgraded, but where are the harnesses???!!

Tronce07Limited

Reaction score
When they are built they are either wired for the regular in dash 6 disc or nav so if it wasnt ordered with nav its not wired for it you could order the harness somewhere put you will have to hard wire it in!!! Its not like dvd that is already pre-wired!!

OP
OP
R

robert2446

Reaction score
Thanks for the info., I discovered that also as I went to a Ford dealer who told me that the whole dash would have to be re-wired at a cost of $1200!! I guess that's where most of the $2000 optional upgrade comes from. Ford doesn't use adaptable wiring for adding or subtracting systems while the truck is on the line. Instead they wire each truck specifically for navigation or not. Ford disappoints. Period.