Need a lift! '97 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICrushedAPrius

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all,
I want to get a 3 or 4 inch lift on my Expy but have a few questions.
Can I buy the lift kit and bring it to my body shop for them to put it on rather than paying more for buying it through them, or is that a bad idea?
Is there a kit to be avoided, like some bargain basement one that has/causes problems?
Thanks

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
most shops will put them on if you get them, i did mine my self, i run the daystar levellift from www.fatbobs.com cost 180. and a performance accesories 3 inch bodylift from jc whitney at 200. for 5 inches of total lift for under 400,$ but I also did all the work myself

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't go cheap on lifts... find best price but stick to name brand ones for body lift or suspension lifts.... for leveling kits ebay has some good prices... but body lift I only use performance accessories.... look around to find best price different on different days.... but if you wanna throw some serious change go with fabtech 6" but thats bigger than you wanted and usually some serious coins....

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
or the rize 8 inch, oh wait should you repost the sites you found before walnuts , the one had a 12 inch lift, 12 foot ladder not incuded, hehe, just before you lift your truck be sure to look it over real well and be sure its worth lifting, look at my post for my 2001 xlt, i did all my own work, and with out help, it was not fun
http://www.jackit.com/ford/suv/expedition.html#8 try this link, this will help you choose your style

Last edited:

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
saw an expi here in massena, ny today that has you beat walnuts, dont know what it had for lift, but it is dam huge running 44s, had to be sitting on at least 16 inches of lift,gloss black with mirror trim, and definattly well beaten, had some decent battle scars, thinking its been in a few tough truck comps,wanted to get pic but dam cam on phone takes so long to load, truck was gone before i could get the pic, the kid is local up here, if i see it again i will have to try to get pics and post them, like i said the truck wasnt mint, but huge

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
might be bigger but it cant look this good...... lol just wait till face lift this spring

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hello. im new here but i am a member of virtualford.org so been posting on these things for awhile. i would love to fit 44's under my 01. thinkin about doin a SAS job but looks kinda pricey. lookin at other options that walnuts posted in here. some good references.