need extra key (only got 1 from used car place)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianB

Reaction score
Bought an "as-is" 2015 Expedition EL XLT with only 1 key.

How do I get an extra key?

I need the door security code as well.

Is this something that I can only get through the Ford dealer?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

cellman

Reaction score
You can buy a replacement key for around $25 (Chinese key but they work) or an OEM key for around $100, If you have push to start the key price is north of $250, you will need either the dealership or a good lock smith to program it. Once you have two keys you can program your own though (not if you have push to start). Most dealerships will give you the door code since it will be visible in the tool they use to program the key.

This should be the same for your Expedition as it was for my 2010 to get the door code yourself:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
$40-100 for another chipped key. Any automotive locksmith can make you one, cheaper than what dealer would charge. I have a couple of keys w/out a chip in case I lock my keys in the car, one at work, one at home and one with the most mobile friend I know.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2 things, first the door code is under the drivers side dash, if it's like the earlier version, and second I'd recommend spending the money on a better chip key. I got mine at ace hardware, it was $75.00. Dealer told me I needed 2 keys to make 3, hardware store did mine with only 1, seems to work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BrianB

Reaction score
Found the door unlock code. On my 2015 Expedition EL XLT, it was hidden behind a plastic fuse panel cover on the passenger side near foot level, 5 digit code with a L appended on a white sticker above the fuse panel.

File_000.jpeg