Need help! Code P0506

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03expiChris

Reaction score
Trying to figure all this out.
My expedition is having some running issues on start up, once warms up is fine. Starts up and doesn't high idle at all when cold.Very low idle..Sometimes it dies. I try to let warm up to avoid the issue. But even then I go to pull out and almost complete loss of power. Stutters and makes popping/thud noises. Later down the road it warms up and goes away almost completely and while warm it drives fine.
Throws code P0506 idle air control..low idle ,P2195..sensor is lean(lack of ho2s switching) &P0132..bank 1 sensor 1 high input.
I've cleaned throttle body thoroughly and throttle body gasket is good.
I run 100% percent 87gas no ethanol.
Fresh oil change, Castrol edge
Just switched to full synthetic and high mileage. Running Purolator boss filter.

Problem seem to occur after accidentally driving with cylinder 1 unplugged for 2 days back and forth to work until I figured it out.

All coils and spark plugs seem to be good.

Also I'm being told 02 codes could be from the p0506 code and may be a vacuum leak. Or the 02s can cause the p0506 code..I'm confused at this point.
Also I did do all steps to reset pcm after messing with throttle body. And reprogramming precautions

Things I plan on checking..
- vacuum hoses and connections
-aic
-mass air flow sensor
-egr valve

Also while driving I hear an occasional "*****" coming from muffler while accelerating

I just purchased a few weeks ago and I'm trying my best to to treat this baby right. But lost and need help. Thank you.

15251613811643560416700078992896.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlself