Need some stereo input...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well the sub gave up the ghost. I knew it wasn't gonna live forever. 400 watt sub behind an old school Rockford Fosgate punch 800a2 amp. No the voice coils didn't fry. I was listening to Gorillaz "Clint Eastwood", and it was hitting hard as can be... All of a sudden it got real muddy sounding and bottoming out. Well after a quick inspection, the surround let go of the cone 2/3 of the way around.

So... I ordered the brand new, just released Alpine type R 10" sub. Has same secs for a box and vent but handles over 1000 watts, and has 7mm more excursion than the infinity did. It should hit decently louder and harder than the infinity and do it A LOT longer!

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cant do 10's...mental thing...12's only...15's are reserved for heavy hitters in my mind...when i'm able to use my entire rear area...4-12's or 2-15's...

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lol to each his own, but with 2 boxers, and 3 GROWING kids, my wife needs as much space as she can keep in her Expedition, and 12's, 15's, and 18's were not advantageous to this criteria ;)

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok so this Alpine SWR-1043D has been installed, and holy squirrel testicles, this thing SLAMS compared to that Infinity. has a lot more excursion, stronger motor, stronger stiffer surround, and handles a lot more power! I love this little Alpine! It does not sound like any 10 I have heard before, it is as loud as a 15, but with the 10's tightness for bass reaction. OH YEAH!!!

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well that means once i get back to the east coast next month, and when you do a run down 95 to Florida you will have to stop by so you can hear this little beast!