New 2020 Expedition owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RaganC

Reaction score
Ours is 2020 Limited Expedition, and not seeing the ambient light choices anywhere :(

we are resetting the garage door today so will keep y’all posted if it works

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Again, this has already been discussed in a long previous thread that I posted 10 months ago.

They de-contented the F-150’s like a year or 2 before ours. ONLY the 2020 Platinums have the hardware for the Multi-Color ambient lighting. Limited and bellows if they have Ambient are only ice blue. No software is going to fix it.

On the F-150 Forum, a few figured out all the parts and it was not easy or cheap to convert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this something that can be altered using Forscan?

Nope, because the hardware is not there...

The non-multi 2020’s have different single color LED hardware. Ford cutting cost and tricking the consumer. I actually had a not very nice conversation with my Dealer sales manager because of it.

Our 17 limited which was FAR cheaper had it, and it had less packages. I was not happy, but got over it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ours is 2020 Limited Expedition, and not seeing the ambient light choices anywhere :(

we are resetting the garage door today so will keep y’all posted if it works

Cause it isn’t there to be found.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's kind of absurd, cost cutting my rear. Technically, the more of them you buy the cheaper they should get per unit. I mean you're talking maybe a few cents per diode to go from a static diode to one that can change wavelengths. Man that's frustrating, especially for new buyers.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's kind of absurd, cost cutting my rear. Technically, the more of them you buy the cheaper they should get per unit. I mean you're talking maybe a few cents per diode to go from a static diode to one that can change wavelengths. Man that's frustrating, especially for new buyers.

Agreed.

At first I thought it may have been part shortage related...then found out they did it to the 150’s a few years before.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they were really smart, they would lock the features via software and offer them in a subscription package with other features people are willing to pay for.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my wife and I both have the same 2 garage doors programmed into my expedition and have navigator, so they can both store the same doors........

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My new chamberlain only lets me copy each remote once. Something to do with the rolling codes. If I program two cars with the same remote it begins blocking them. Not really an issue since it has two remotes, so we just use one for each car. My older liftmaster can be used more than once.

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Platinum Max and haven’t found an option to change the color of the ambient lighting (admittedly I haven’t done a full scan of the owners manual yet). Are we sure it was retained on this trim level for MY20?