New 2020 Expedition owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had looked in the menus, but not too well thinking this option was eliminated for all trim levels in 2020. I’ll check again and report back.
Make sure you scroll to the right. On mine, the Ambient Lights option is on the third page to the right.

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No it doesn’t :(
I will say that we did not have the original remotes, we had to buy replacement remotes and then programmed them to the garage door. So the remote we are using is not original chamberlain remote. Does that matter?

Is the remote an actual Chamberlain remote? or aftermarket? Do you have the wireless keypad original Chamberlain mounted on the outside of the garage? If this is original, you could try this too, but not sure it would work.

OP
OP
R

RaganC

Reaction score
No, the original owners lost the remotes so we had to get new ones (off Amazon & they paired super easy to the garage door), and the original keypad died so we had to replace that recently. Neither are Chamberlain, both aftermarket. Who knows, I’m so over it :(

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might be worth to find a chaimberlain remote
No, the original owners lost the remotes so we had to get new ones (off Amazon & they paired super easy to the garage door), and the original keypad died so we had to replace that recently. Neither are Chamberlain, both aftermarket. Who knows, I’m so over it :(

sounds frustrating. New chamberlain remote is like 25 at HD, or you can try to find used: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Chamberl...-/324474716822?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

bryz_expy

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Platinum with the different ambient lighting options and I don’t use any of them except ice blue. Go figure.

for the GDO, no issues with my Liftmaster with MyQ. For a 2012 opener you may need the liftmaster repeater as someone said earlier, but I was under the impression that was used for old transmitters.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni