New 2020 Expedition owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2020, Ford took the Ambient Colors away from all models except the Platinum. Previous 4th Gens the Limited’s had it, and I believe some XLT’s with certain packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. MY20 only has ice blue ambient lighting (not sure about MY21). MY18-19 has 7 colors (my 19 has 7 colors).
2. No dice for me either with the garage door built-in opener.
3. Drive modes other than "Normal" must be selected at each engine startup.
Year. I was agreeing with you there Loki

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new here :)
A few questions about our new 20’ Expedition:
1) can the ambient lighting change colors, on our 16’ Explorer we were able to pick our color.
2) has anyone had issues programming the garage door? We cannot get ours to program, we have tried everything & even had neighbors try :(
3) is it possible to keep the car in EcoBoost mode? Or do you have to manually switch it each time

Thank you-Ragan

I struggled a lot with the garage opener until I found instructions on home link website https://homelink.com/program/vehicle

It provides instructions based on the garage opener brand/model and updated regularly... the best instructions you can get!

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is this something that can be altered using Forscan?
I would need a MY20 to tinker with to answer that.

If the LEDs in the 20-21s have multiple color characteristics I would think it’s possible.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure what trim you have, it might also only available in say limited or platinum.