New camper - Sag issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyExpedition2016

Reaction score
So I took the advice and found the wdh setup by the dealer was wrong. Why can’t people do things right? I had to buy a different shank length for the ball and spent about an hour trying different spacer washers and getting it all set and you know what she pulls like a dream and steering returned to in control.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Happy you got it set right!

Of course the WDH was setup wrong. :) Giving the dealer the benefit of the doubt the trailer was probably completely empty when it was set which is fine for getting home but not when loaded. Or the minimum wage "tech" doesn't have a clue and deals with a dozen different trucks. Ford receiver is sloppy vertically which complicates things at first.

Some things like this you really gotta do yourself.

-- Chuck

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hit the road last weekend with the trailer and made another adjustment, moving the WDH bars up one level (highest level). After hooking up and loaded and about to take off I found that the front axle was down about 1/4 of an inch more than it should and the rear was sitting about an inch and half down which is fine per Equalizer. I decided to leave it as is and take off on the trip. I called Equalizer hitch on the road and asked if they thought I needed to immediately put it back and proceed no further or just wait till I got home, they said it would be fine for now and adjust when I got home.

This set up certainly felt better than in the past. The truck was very planted, not swaying from trucks and vehicles passing. It was a very windy day to start and the set up handled it great. I think I'll try removing one washer and see how the front responds taking up the over-loaded 1/4 inch.

IMG_3699.jpg