New Expedition XLT Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Greetings All!

I just picked up my slightly used 05 Expedition yesterday. It needs a little TLC (brakes mostly) but with 23K on the clock I believe I'll let Ford take care of it for the next 13 thousand miles or so. I'm thinking about an ESP... any comments good or bad regarding Ford Extended Service Program?

Thanks!

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WOW! 23K on an 05! Someone musta lived in that thing! :D

Ford ESP is really the only way to go if you ask me. You pay more but you don't get any hassles about claims. Well worth the $$ in my book if you plan on getting any type of Extended Service Plan.

If you picked up your Expy at a dealer go talk with them and NEGOTIATE a price. Most ESP are "keystoned" which means whatever they cost YOU, they only cost the dealer half of that.

OP
OP
BlueStangGT

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by monsta
WOW! 23K on an 05! Someone musta lived in that thing! :D

Ford ESP is really the only way to go if you ask me. You pay more but you don't get any hassles about claims. Well worth the $$ in my book if you plan on getting any type of Extended Service Plan.

If you picked up your Expy at a dealer go talk with them and NEGOTIATE a price. Most ESP are "keystoned" which means whatever they cost YOU, they only cost the dealer half of that.
Yep, 23K. The in-service date is 08/2004. It was a rental/fleet vehicle, probably Hertz or Budget would be my guess. I found it at an out of town Chevy dealer that picked it up at auction but I've got a very good relationship with my local Ford dealer from whom I'll buy the ESP. The Carfax came up clean and the truck is in pretty nice shape except for a couple of door dings, a bruise on the front bumper cover and another on the rear bumper cover.

I'm really impressed with the 5.4 3V, it really pulls this big 'ol hunk o' truck around nicely. Eventually it will be pulling my Mustang around on a trailer. I'm not terribly thrilled about the color, that was the one thing I didn't want in my new truck was black but everything else meets my specs and for the price I got it at I decided that I could hit the carwash a little more often than normal!

OP
OP
BlueStangGT

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got my first round of warranty service done today, front brake rotors. The front end was shimmying terribly under braking at highway speeds, turns out there was even a TSB for the rotors. Anyway, it's smooth and straight under braking now. I figure it'll take me a month or so to find all the little gremlins and get 'em worked out. Are there any ongoing or recurring issues with these 05's I should made aware of?