New Expy owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JonFrancis76

JonFrancis76

Reaction score
I have had a hard time with parts geek trying to return these Moog struts. They sent me an RMA number but no return sticker. I tried to call them and the customer service rep says "hold on one second" then hung up on me. 2 days later a ups guy shows up at my door for a pickup? The struts we're still on my car. I'll never order from that company again.

That's said, I decided the best thing to do was order spring compressors from Amazon for $28 and swap the Moog spring for the oem springs I removed. It worked perfectly.
The Moog springs were only a half inch or so taller than the oem springs (Moog on the left in the pic). They were much stiffer though and raised the front of the expy 3 inches! I think these were 4x4 springs but they weren't marketed that way.
The front is 3 inches lower now and the ride is much softer.
This was a big learning lesson for me. I wish I would've just ordered the Bilstein struts in the first place. That would've cost half as much. Hindsight is 20/20 lol.

20180225_144900.jpg

20180225_145916.jpg

20180225_154254.jpg

20180225_154402.jpg