New Expy owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiloNelsonJr

Reaction score
Hello all! I just rescued a 1998 5.4 4x4 Eddie Bauer from certain death. It has over 230k on the odometer and runs like it has 430k, however the body is in pretty good shape given the circumstances - it was used as a work truck. The interior also shows it's age and abuse but is restorable. The previous owner gave up on her and was fixing to part her out. I couldn't let that happen so we did some horse trading and I made her the newest part of my family.

After a few test runs and a lot of inspections I determined it will need a lot of work to make her reliable again. She's going to need a rear end, some coil packs, a little body work here and there, a few replacement interior and exterior trim pieces and recovering the seats. With that many unprotected miles on her, I will probably be looking to rebuild or replace the power plant - hoping to come across a good 32 valve out of a Navigator. Also wanting to replace the front cap with that from a Navigator as well.

I thank everyone in advance for the help you provide through this forum and hope to provide some insights myself. I have included some pics of my new girl.

Attachments

• Expy1.jpg
    Expy1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Expy2.jpg
    Expy2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Expy3.jpg
    Expy3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 85

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome or another option for motor is a lightning swap... a few members have done it already...

OP
OP
M

MiloNelsonJr

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is out of my range currently but would be an awesome upgrade! For now, I would probably settle for a PI upgrade...LOL.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats 153k more miles then mine...holy crap! lol

doesnt look too bad though, i'm scared of high miles but maybe thats because i've been blessed with low mile trucks.

cant wait to see the progress in store for her!