New Owner - Parts Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooldude919

Reaction score
New owner of a 2018 Expedition 302A. Picked it up this week, it was used with almost 35k miles, a fleet or rental vehicle. MSRP was around 76k (302A with RES, vin wont load sticker at forddirect, says check back later) and i paid 46k, so i feel it was a solid deal.

Given that it does have a few minor things i am trying to sort through.

1. Only had 1 Key FOB, ordered OEM one online for $75 and local locksmith should be able to program for $40.
2. Same issue as this thread https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/3rd-row-seat-folding-motor-cover-missing.38860/ , except mine is there it is just lose from the bottom cargo area, so when you fold the 3rd row down it pops up and you can see all the plastic rivets are broken. Per his notes it seems you cant order this piece. Some sort of silicone to hold the two plastic surfaces together perhaps?
3. Defrost grill on passenger door is missing (picture attached). I looked at the door diagrams for the expeditions and dont see it listed. I looked at the Navigator digrams and it is clearly listed. https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-defroster-grille-jl7z19e630ab . However comparing interior pictures of both they look close but may be different?
4. Driers side seat belt retractor is slow and doesnt go back in all the way without hand feeding it. Ive seen comments on some ford forums that this should be covered under warranty?
5. TPMS sensor error. Drivers side rear tire sensor keeps going offline and the dash/app shows no reading and throws up an error. It will sometimes come back while driving and then do the same again, sometimes every 20-30 minutes.
6. App shows the idle shutdown TSB

Coming from an 07 car this is quite an upgrade. I only had 90k miles on it and considering getting an ESP from ziegler/flood, 8 year 100k for $1600 seems like a decent value and since i dont normally drive a large amount, we should probably get the full 8 years (well 6.5 anyway due to in service date) out of it.

Since it is still under 36k Bumper to Bumper warranty as of now i have an appointment Monday morning with the local dealer to at least get #4 through 6 looked at above. Will ask them about #2 and #3, assuming i may be SOL on both of those though.

Appreciate any thoughts or advice!

Thanks

20190611_162042.jpg

20190611_142853.jpg

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do people rip out a part like that in normal use?
Ive rented cars with the strangest things damaged or missing. Once I Puerto Rico we had a rental car and someone stole the side view mirror cover, we called the rental place and they said it was covered but we would have to pay the deductible of $250. So we went to a parts store and what began a sleuthing mission to find this part.... which we did. After 3 parts stores and broken Spanish and English conversations we found that they were sold at some road side type of flea market, they had one that matched perfect down to the color. To this day I swear it’s some black market scheme that the rental places and the flea market guy run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205