New to forum--need replacement headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Wiped Cam

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never seal headlights beyond whatever came from the factory. In fact, I add more ventilation to em. Below is a Spyder, Anzo project that has traveled to Florida and Canada within the past couple of weeks, and has never exhibited condensation issues. The attached pics were taken moments ago in snow and very very cold weather overall. Please note that it has a custom LED highbeam retrofit, which provides a tonne more ventilation than what came from the factory. Also, you will find that the unit has been spayed and neutered (ghetto DRL tubes disabled).

IMG_20200206_073143.jpg

^^^yes, that is an 18k Lm highbeam. If you ever wonder where the sun goes during night time, these bulbs will answer your question.

IMG_20200206_073155.jpg

The LED highbeam produces a good amount of heat that gets blasted on to the lens, and keeps the lens clear even during icy conditions.

IMG_20200206_073237.jpg

^^lowbeam has a Philips halogen bulb in it, because I care about other drivers on the road. Also, below is a visual representation of what the lowbeam (1 projector representation only) looks like on the road. Note that the only good thing about the lowbeam projector is that it has a very very sharp cutoff with a perfectly horizontal orientation. Gone are old f'd up Anzo/Spyder cutoff lines. However, the hotspots in the beam pattern is somewhat annoying (refer below):

fkd_up_hotspots.jpg

I know this post is a little off topic, but as soon as I saw the mention of these units in this thread, I thought why not share how I'm keeping them condensation free.

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So how would a guy aim the headlights? I've got a 2010 and after my level kit the rear still sits higher than the front, therefore my headlights are not aimed correctly anymore. I need to bring them up. Suggestions?

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just need a big philips head screwdriver. From what I remember the vertical adjustment is right on top of the headlight housing. You'll see a gear inside a plastic tube.

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never seal headlights beyond whatever came from the factory. In fact, I add more ventilation to em. Below is a Spyder, Anzo project that has traveled to Florida and Canada within the past couple of weeks, and has never exhibited condensation issues. The attached pics were taken moments ago in snow and very very cold weather overall. Please note that it has a custom LED highbeam retrofit, which provides a tonne more ventilation than what came from the factory. Also, you will find that the unit has been spayed and neutered (ghetto DRL tubes disabled).

IMG_20200206_073143.jpg

^^^yes, that is an 18k Lm highbeam. If you ever wonder where the sun goes during night time, these bulbs will answer your question.

IMG_20200206_073155.jpg

The LED highbeam produces a good amount of heat that gets blasted on to the lens, and keeps the lens clear even during icy conditions.

IMG_20200206_073237.jpg

^^lowbeam has a Philips halogen bulb in it, because I care about other drivers on the road. Also, below is a visual representation of what the lowbeam (1 projector representation only) looks like on the road. Note that the only good thing about the lowbeam projector is that it has a very very sharp cutoff with a perfectly horizontal orientation. Gone are old f'd up Anzo/Spyder cutoff lines. However, the hotspots in the beam pattern is somewhat annoying (refer below):

fkd_up_hotspots.jpg

I know this post is a little off topic, but as soon as I saw the mention of these units in this thread, I thought why not share how I'm keeping them condensation free.

Question: With those particular aftermarket headlights...how’s the light output compared to stock? I’m considering purchasing them as well. However I already find the stock units weak so i don’t want to lose more light output.

2007 Ford Expedition Limited
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question: With those particular aftermarket headlights...how’s the light output compared to stock? I’m considering purchasing them as well. However I already find the stock units weak so i don’t want to lose more light output.

Anzos start good, but may develop sweating condensation, with popular cheap HID retrofits the bowls burn in, and the external lens has some sort of clearcoat or top layer that starts peeling off after 2-3 years of direct sunlight (sounds worse than it is, they don't actually LOOK ruined but if you wash em you might see these tiny lil chips of barely visible thin clear something come off)

The Wiped Cam

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I'd go with the OEM unit that's running a high output halogen bulb. The aftermarket one is only good for splitting beams; in my case, i'm running 20k Lm LED highbeams (previously 18k Lm). I find the lowbeam spread to be uncanny on the OEM unit. The projector in the aftermarket unit really doesn't throw much light to the sides. I find that dangerous. A dash cam comparison is attached below. Note that both of them were adjusted professionally.

vlcsnap.jpg

Since dash cams f things up due to exposure compensation etc, the IRL difference in spread is much much more pronounced than what you see in the picture.

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd go with the OEM unit that's running a high output halogen bulb. The aftermarket one is only good for splitting beams; in my case, i'm running 20k Lm LED highbeams (previously 18k Lm). I find the lowbeam spread to be uncanny on the OEM unit. The projector in the aftermarket unit really doesn't throw much light to the sides. I find that dangerous. A dash cam comparison is attached below. Note that both of them were adjusted professionally.

View attachment 36041

Since dash cams f things up due to exposure compensation etc, the IRL difference in spread is much much more pronounced than what you see in the picture.

Thanks for replying. I’ll steer clear of the projector type headlights!