New to me, 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tcm glx

Reaction score
Small update, swapped the Michelins for a 285/70/17 Yokohama ATS. So far loving it.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
duuuude I have been eying a retrofit but I just keep backing out not knowing all of what I will need. if you could post what all you ordered for that to work, that and a front angle pic showing both headlights

OP
OP
T

Tcm glx

Reaction score
duuuude I have been eying a retrofit but I just keep backing out not knowing all of what I will need. if you could post what all you ordered for that to work, that and a front angle pic showing both headlights

Sure, I have been doing retrofit for about 3 years now as a side hobby. I started doing 92-96 Ford Bronco/F150 and then expanded. I've done about 300 retrofits now include F150, Lightnings, Superduty, and some VW stuff.

For the Expo, I used a pair of Eagle Eyes replacement headlights with clear corners, similar to the OEM lightning style. I used Morimoto MH1 bixenon projectors, and Xentec 55w bulbs and ballast. Works great! I'll have to take some more pics tomorrow. I need to adjust the height about 1/4" on the drivers side but it is so much brighter!! it isn't expensive to do, you spend about $225 or so on materials.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice. What I got stuck on was the harness and projector I wasn't sure of what would fit in the housing and look good to boot

OP
OP
T

Tcm glx

Reaction score
Nice. What I got stuck on was the harness and projector I wasn't sure of what would fit in the housing and look good to boot

Super easy. The MH1 fits, very tight, but it fits. Shrouds have to be big, but not deep. Harness is a 9007 harnes so that it is plug and play.

OP
OP
T

Tcm glx

Reaction score
I used the orbit shroud. Modified it slightly to go in deep enough.

I use the 9007 hi low harness from EBay. PM me and I can walk you through it.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
actually that's all I needed info on. I will put the order in maybe in mid feb or early march when I get the spare cash saved up. did you get all your stuff from TRS or did you shop around to get a lower price?