New to the expedition crew!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tormented expy

Reaction score
Well hello! My name's is Trey I live in Colorado I'm big into preparedness (not the crazy doomsday prepper kind) but none the less anyways I love dispersed camping hunting fishing and my guns and my new expedition! I started looking for a 4x4 Suv for daily driving and a just in case vehicle (aka bov) and we love camping. Some places I like to use we have to hike to because they have some rough roads. we (as in my wife) have a 07 Infiniti g35x AWD (just rolled over 100k sadly) but it has horrible ground clearance, we had a 2001 two door Honda accord v6, I've had a few pickups here and there but anyways we started looking for something bigger for the reasons stated above... so I posed the Honda on Facebook for 1200 bucks it has 350k miles on it and was in rough shape cosmetic wise, it was wrecked so it had a black front end, that I rattle canned silver to "match" the car it looked decent if you were passing it at 75 on the interstate lol... the passenger window was taped, up had a mess of trouble codes from the motor to the transmission. just about every light on the dash was on, but for some reason it ran great and was extremely reliable. So I said 1200 or I'd trade for a 4x4 Suv after two days passed someone messaged me--hey I have this expedition blah blah... and I was expecting total beat up trash... (I'll post pictures tomorrow if I remember it's dark right now..) well needless to say he was looking for gas mileage and the Honda really did run great the wife drove it 120+ miles a day aside from the codes it really wasn't bad... but he and I drove the Honda and went and pulled the codes to show him what was up... and he still wanted the deal so I did it and I got a 1998 xlt tan 5.4l 4x4 expedition that has 127k miles on it brand new tires and a near perfect interior I've had it for a couple days now changed the oil did some other small things (sway bar links, full grease job, fluid flush, and some other small things) and it runs perfect has zero engine noise zero issues it had a small sway bar link issue (squeak and rattle) when I bought it but is perfect now so yeah... here I am with a great deal in my drive way couldn't be happier :) I'm slowly going to deck it out (lift, wheels tires, bumpers, winch, roof rack, exhaust, and some other small modifications) and I'd love to bring you guys along!

Last edited:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm also from CO and also into dispersed camping- some with my Expedition and some with my Explorer.