No Heat at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eightiesrock80

Eightiesrock80

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The out heatercore hose is pretty cool compared to the in its hot at idle but that can change could be air or could be clogged I’m looseing my mind lol

Jarheadmatt

Reaction score
is the heater valve vacuum operated? I know you said the HVAC system is auto, but if the valve is vacuum operated you may have a vac issue. Another thing could be the blend door motor.

OP
OP
Eightiesrock80

Eightiesrock80

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I make the heat go from hot to cold when the heat is actually working it goes back-and-forth so I believe the blend door is OK

OP
OP
Eightiesrock80

Eightiesrock80

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The vacuum line for the heater control valve doesn’t seem to do anything the heater control valve seems to always be open I did just noticed that one heater hose to the heater core is sometimes cold in the other one is hot so I’m thinking I need to unclog the heater core

OP
OP
Eightiesrock80

Eightiesrock80

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s so weird though Out of know where the heat will work good but When I stop it still will not be as hot but warm

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The vacuum line for the heater control valve doesn’t seem to do anything the heater control valve seems to always be open I did just noticed that one heater hose to the heater core is sometimes cold in the other one is hot so I’m thinking I need to unclog the heater core

Years ago I had problems with low heat on a Chevrolet I owned, that had a vacuum operated heater control valve.

The valve seemed to work - the lever would open and close. My father suggested I remove the valve and inspect the inside. I did and found that the “flap” that would block the coolant flow inside the valve was loose and not moving to the full-open position, although the vacuum operated lever would move back and forth. I replaced the valve and that cured my low heat issue.

If your valve is stuck open, it may have a partial blockage inside the valve - which is overcome when you increase the engine’s speed.

You may want to remove and inspect the valve. Good luck.