No IWE on 21 max limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardedbeaver

Reaction score
Intermittent iwe grinding noise coming from left front. Ive seen everywhere about all the iwe writeups and know how to check for it. I also know they switched to electronic iwe. My issue is i have the iwe on the back of the hubs but both vacuum lines run to the top of the shock tower and stop there. No actuator under the hood and no other vacuum lines. The only wire harness going to each wheel is the abs wire. Pics are at night because the wife and i work opposite shifts and its her daily. Im confused as everything i read is either electric or has the actuator. 1000048926.jpg1000048929.jpg

Pete Costanza

Reaction score
From the looks of the bolts, someone has been in there before, though that may be totally unrelated. F150’s went to Electric IWE’s in 2021 and some trims in 2022+ there are NO IWE’s on Auto 4WD models (Lariat, KR, Platinum, Limited). All this is to say that Expeditions are usually a year or two behind on the changes. You’re not the only one who has found their IWE hubs don’t have any vacuum supply. I’m guessing this is where Ford started removing the system and eventually went to either electric or none at all. Some folks were concerned about fuel mileage with hubs being locked permanently, but I’ve had one with electric IWE’s and my current King Ranch 4wd has no IWE’s. They get the same real world mpg to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett