no mo edge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it was nice knowing you but you werent what i exspected. as of now i have gone back to my hypertech. boy have i missed her. better mileage instantly and a little more power. shift points arent as harsh, but future plans will change that.

as of now im letting my friend borrow it for his F1. until i decide what im gonna do with it. depending on what happens in the next few months ill either sell it to my buddy, sell it to someone on here or just keep it for another vehicle.

only problems i have with it. the screen is scratched from the desert dirt, not a big deal you can still see it perfectly fine.
and two i dont have the window mount anymore. it bent so it wont stick to the window anymore. also not a big deal. can always get a pod or while my friend has it hes gonna mount it like baker has.

i still highly recommend it. its just not for me since im more for the mileage then to know how everything is doing. i can see all that in the coming plans.

i have tryed my own settings, i have tryed nuts settings, and i have tryed bakers setting, which dont work best for me, but they do really good on my buddys truck.

in this video its at level two tranny in second gear. but he put it there. he was so happy to have the firmer shifts in the dirt. thats why i let him borrow it as of now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQbf-sl1xB0

any questions on my doing or my buddys truck just let me know. i will happily answer all those for you.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
see now i hear hypertech gives better mileage and shift points, the weight has shifted back to getting a hypertech now unless someone can show there mileage increase with edge lol

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I give up.....I know what works for me and my truck, and I have seen the gains and rewards in both performance and mileage...boils down to driving technique for mielage, fuel, and settings.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how much mileage you get baker? i forgot pandas is a 98, in 2000 the computer changed a bit from what i heard. how much mileage u get in the city? i want both programmers lmao

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how much mileage you get baker? i forgot pandas is a 98, in 2000 the computer changed a bit from what i heard. how much mileage u get in the city? i want both programmers lmao

thats where i think the problem lies. the head changed so the power changed and the computers were a littler different. if i had a 99+ i bet it would have helped out a LOT more. what i need to do is a get a 99+ motor and computer and run that. or just get a 01-02 expy like i want. that would be nice.

and baker its not your fault. i ran it like that for ever. but me and my buddy went on a desert trip and i put it on his truck and it ran great. its a 97 by the way. which is weird. he was rocking gas mileage though, we think... he has 37s and 3.55 gears. haha it read 14mpg. but it also read 0mpg when he floored it. haha so who knows.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can get 13s on the highway with 37s... with my CS.. for me not a huge gain in MPG but was noticeable but damn was the shifting and power band was TONS better...

plus being able to monitor 8 different parameters and having the option to leave it in or not was a lot better.... and to be able to check and clear CELs and doing performance tests such as 1/4 and 0-60

Last edited:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Edge for sure being able to monitor so many things helps solve problems , I solved an Alt problem with mine. saved me alot of headaches.