No complaints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think people's definitions of "city" can be very different and it's not even worth mentioning what you feel your "city" number is. I have had two expeditions now (2019 and 2020) and mpg is pretty consistent between the two. My "city" driving is primarily short trips, .25 miles to the school, 1.5 miles to the supermarket, .15 miles to the church, .15 miles to dance, etc, but all very short trips and as a result typical mpg in this scenerio is 12-14, which is also consistent with the smaller hemi powered suv we previously had. However, highway driving is much better with the expedition than the previous hemi. Towing is slightly better mpg with the expedition than the hemi. So, considering the expedition is BIGGER and peppier feeling and more comfortable it is still a win. If we do mixed driving where the expedition can actually warm up to full temp and hit some speeds over 25mph and not have stops every 30 seconds we see 15-17. I can usually get 18-22mpg with just highway driving. Utah isn't too flat so there are always pretty significant ups and downs and wind and we have 80mph speed limits once you are out of the "big" city. If I can cruise at 65-70 I can get great mileage.
Ok so im in the same situation as you in regard tobthe "city" driving experience and also get similar mpg as u. Short trip, alot of stop and go red light real city traffic

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love my expy. I just dont like the 10 speed tranny. Every now and then I get that harsh shift into and or out of 5th at lower speeds (under 20) but its really not bad.....yet. Im staying car and away from any american made 10 speed tranny after this one tho.

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No problems so far with my 10 speed. Have 3.73 gearing with the max towing package and I think it goes through the gears quicker and smoother. No hills or mountains around here in SE Louisiana but we do have a lot of tall bridges!

harbcon

Reaction score
No complaints on my '22 max stealth edition . We absolutely love it!! It's our 3rd one with zero problems. This one was my first ordered vehicle and although it took awhile to get during the end of covid I have no regrets. Our city mileage right now is showing 17.7 mpg. That being said it's not your typical "city" driving as we live more in the country and definitely not big city driving at all. But like I said no problems and no regrets!!

Grizguy

Reaction score
I have a 2019 max. I drive 79.. 80 mph on the interstate. live out of town. Average 18 MPG. 17 transit LONG TALL. about 16. 17 MPG I drive 78..80 on the interstate. 2006 F350 duelly diesel10 ish MPG.. But it is always pulling or hauling something. 75 .. 80 on the interstate. plus 10 mph.. The best advice I can give. Disable the auto stop feature. The little bit of gas that it may save.... I am sure it will do way more damage to the starter or transmission as it starts up in gear.. AND.. if your foot is not firm on the break, may start and surge as your passenger is getting in or out of the car..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire