No texts when iPhone connected to Watch

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by N9JIG, Aug 3, 2018.

1. N9JIG

N9JIG Member

Before I got my Apple Watch I would get my texts thru the Sync system and it worked great. Now that I have my Apple Watch Sync no longer displays texts. It still allows me to answer phone calls and see contacts as well as other CarPlay apps but no texts.

Is there a way to restore this when connected to Sync without unpairing the Watch?

2. GAIN-MOB

GAIN-MOB Super Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

If u have ur phone with u just sync the phone and not the watch...I don't think they had the watch in mind with the sync

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

3. N9JIG

N9JIG Member

The whole idea is to avoid having to un-sync the watch and re-sync it every time I get into and out of the truck.

Hopefully there will be a firmware update to accommodate this at some point.

4. JHatley7

JHatley7 New Member

Maybe, go to blutooth-sync-show notifications? On the iphone. Sometimes after updates mine turns off.

5. Habbibie

Habbibie Is it Christmas yet? Supporting Member

Does the iPhone have a "primary device" option in bluetooth settings? On my galaxy theres that option available and I set the truck as the primary device to connect to when its available meaning it'll connect to sync over any other bluetooth ready & previously paired devices, there for I get all the alerts through sync display, this allows full control of the phone through sync over everything else too but everything else still gets paired, just that sync doesnt suffer any glitches vs the other paired devices which can cause them to glitch being second priority.

I dont want to start a riot but I've owned both devices (android & iphone) and I know android is light years ahead of the iPhone in this matter

6. hueyf4i

hueyf4i Full Access Members

I have an android phone and a Fossil smart watch and have never had an issue. My texts still show on my watch and through the Sync in the Expedition. . . .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk