Not Horney!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since I bought Silver Ex in August, I've had a problem that's been more of a annoyance than anything else. The low-tone horn isn't working. The high tone sounds wimpy if I have to use it in traffic (you know, big truck...little horn...not real forceful when someone cuts you off!) or when I lock it w/the remote.

I finally crawled up under it yesterday to check it out (its the only way you can get to the horns unless you dismantle the front end of the truck). I did the double check first to make sure it was the horn. Switched leads and the high tone still worked, but the low tone was still out. A trip to Auto Zone and a new horn, but still no luck. Switched the leads again, but the low tone horn refuses to work.

Any thoughts?

Chesterfoxes

Reaction score
Where is the Horn??!!

My friend has a 2000 with the low tone out. Where is the horn located on the truck and how hard is it to unbolt it?

Thanks,

Paul

OP
OP
Silver Ex

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Re: Where is the Horn??!!

Originally posted by Chesterfoxes
My friend has a 2000 with the low tone out. Where is the horn located on the truck and how hard is it to unbolt it?

Thanks,

Paul

You should be able to see it if you crawl under the right front of the truck, almost directly under the headlight.