Official Photos & Info: 2015 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found an upgrade kit for the ecoboost F150 3.5L over at the Steeda website. I would think this is substantially the same powertrain that will be in the new Expy.

Steeda claims with a CAI and tune, you can get another 65 hp and 120 ft/lb torque. That would put the V6 at 430 hp and 540 ft/lb, up in 6.2L territory and much more that the 5.4L.

Bring on the boost!

+1. I don't think the pro V8 crowd has any idea how easy and CHEAP it is to make extra power in these turbo motors.

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if the 2015 will be having Rear Locking differential?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, this facelift/mechanical update is expected to last for three model years (2015, 2016, and 2017), with the all-new aluminium Expedition arriving sometime in 2017 for the 2018 model year.

That’s about the same timeframe Ford expects the 3.0 liter 24-valve DOHC Commonrail Direct Injection "Lion" V-6 twin-turbo diesel to be ready.

Ooh man I like this comment

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Expyman02

Reaction score
They always do a off road edition or sum crap for the f150 or 350 super duty why not make the expedition off-road edition and just make it Nasty forget this luxury crap lets get sum big tires a nice lift for it and put a good price tag on the thing I mean u know it's Guna happen so why not make one already, but on the other hand I live the front end and the interior just make it more off road look instead this luxury rich mans expy anyway just one mans opinion

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They always do a off road edition or sum crap for the f150 or 350 super duty why not make the expedition off-road edition and just make it Nasty forget this luxury crap lets get sum big tires a nice lift for it and put a good price tag on the thing I mean u know it's Guna happen so why not make one already, but on the other hand I live the front end and the interior just make it more off road look instead this luxury rich mans expy anyway just one mans opinion

If they make the expedition a bit capable of off roading, they are jeopardizing the marketing angle of the F-150 or so the Raptor.

I was told personally that this is all about marketing. They don't wanna to bring one product against another, if they equip the expedition with locking differential for example, there will be a major shift away from F-150, especially the FX4 package.

That doesn't mean no one is gonna buy F150s, but people in their nature prefers All-In-One product (Family SUV with off road and towing capability).

This is why Toyota is getting some how admiration on this area with their GXR and VXR off road and family SUVs being in market long time, they made lots of money out of them.

Last edited: