Oil Analysis 2017 3.5 EcoBoost 19K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Classic fuel dilution in a turbo engine. It's normal with the higher intake pressures, more boost, more oil dilution with fuel. That is why I change my oil at 3,000 miles and have a catch can. It would be just as bad with a blower. Instead of blowing money on oil analysis change it more often.

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
I doubt most dealers even have 5w30. They put 5w20 in everything.
They don't care about your car. They are dime a dozen to them. Well almost that bad.
I just got an oil change here in Jackson Wyoming. Asked for semi synthetic. Was told that's the "base" oil now. Full synthetic is more bucks but no conventional anymore. At least at that shop.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got an oil change here in Jackson Wyoming. Asked for semi synthetic. Was told that's the "base" oil now. Full synthetic is more bucks but no conventional anymore. At least at that shop.
Yes, just like how almost all high mileage oils are semi-synthetic too.

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Classic fuel dilution in a turbo engine. It's normal with the higher intake pressures, more boost, more oil dilution with fuel. That is why I change my oil at 3,000 miles and have a catch can. It would be just as bad with a blower. Instead of blowing money on oil analysis change it more often.

What is a catch can?

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The catch can captures the oil and water vapors from your Crankcase PVC and keeps them from fouling your intake valves. Look it up and you will learn like I did. There are a number of threads discussing Catch Cans here, or you can just look it up on You Tube.