Oil Filter Relocation Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I made up a dual remote system with Aeroquip lines and fittings and universal Derale dual filter base. The bracket I used is a 14 gauge steel construction brace. I posted some pics after I completed it. Look up “Dual remote oil filters” and it should come up. Total cost was about $175. New oil capacity is 8 quarts.
Can you tell me the Derale p/n or thread size for the adapter that threads onto the engine block?
I have a 2017 XLT and I have been doing my own oil changes since the 60s I can't believe how long it takes to change the oil on my Expy. I just installed a Fomoto F107SX drain valve on my last oil change and this remote filter would definitely shorten the time and mess.
I had a Chevy Astro before the Expy, I could do the oil and filter in approx 20 min without ramps, removing any covers or moving the oil catch pan around.

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My first Expy, a '97 5.4, came with a remote oil filter / water to oil cooler combo as part of the tow package. My '05 has the filter screwed directly into the block. Never switched to that setup, but it's the ideal way to go and will fit all the 5.4 blocks if you could find all the components in a junkyard or for lots more money, Ford parts.

Rainman S

Reaction score
I have 2 expeditions an 06 and a 14 that’s why I read this forum. I also have a 2015 GMC hd2500 Duramax. It is difficult to change the oil without making a mess because the oil from the filter runs over motor mounts and bar of some kind. I just shove a plastic funnel up under the oil filter after I loosen it a little and all the oil flows into the funnel and out straight down onto a drain pan on the ground. I also have a crossmember that the drain plug oil hits. I park on a slight incline and the oil comes down behind the crossbar. It’s easier than installing some kind of extender kit. At least I think so.

Helo driver

Reaction score
Ok Maverick here you go:
Derale kit 259-15749 $66
Use the 22mm X 1.5 thread adapter
Aeroquip parts:
023-FCA1006 -10 hose 6 ft long $60
FBM4034 90° Swivel..2 qty..$30 each
FBM1014 straight end..2 qty..$12 ea
FBM2009 A/N to pipe..4 qty..$7 each
799-654320 Russell hose separators
anodized aluminum...3 qty..$12 each
I got everything from Jeg’s.
Your choice of filters..mine was the old favorite FL-1A’s. Will be ordering the billet units from K & N here shortly. Washable units, great filtration. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

adwmac6

Reaction score
So I am thinking of adding this since ill be doing all my own oil changes. 1 question, why 2 filters rather than 1? I know double the filtration BUT I dont tow at all, so is it needed?

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok Maverick here you go:
Derale kit 259-15749 $66
Use the 22mm X 1.5 thread adapter
Aeroquip parts:
023-FCA1006 -10 hose 6 ft long $60
FBM4034 90° Swivel..2 qty..$30 each
FBM1014 straight end..2 qty..$12 ea
FBM2009 A/N to pipe..4 qty..$7 each
799-654320 Russell hose separators
anodized aluminum...3 qty..$12 each
I got everything from Jeg’s.
Your choice of filters..mine was the old favorite FL-1A’s. Will be ordering the billet units from K & N here shortly. Washable units, great filtration. Hope this helps!

Thanks Helo

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck with the useless fumoto…...unless you like to watch paint dry. I can remove that nut in seconds.
So you had a Fumoto and went back to the plug? I can remove the nut in a few seconds too, it's the prep ahead of removing the nut and the oil that misses the catch pan that I don't like.