Oil Filter Relocation Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you had a Fumoto and went back to the plug? I can remove the nut in a few seconds too, it's the prep ahead of removing the nut and the oil that misses the catch pan that I don't like.
The prep? All you have to do is get a rectangular pan (I use a cheap clear plastic little storage container) and position one end directly under the drain. I never could figure out why anyone would want one of those when all they do is slow down the process.

OP
OP
RongWay

RongWay

Reaction score
Ok Maverick here you go:
Derale kit 259-15749 $66
Use the 22mm X 1.5 thread adapter
Aeroquip parts:
023-FCA1006 -10 hose 6 ft long $60
FBM4034 90° Swivel..2 qty..$30 each
FBM1014 straight end..2 qty..$12 ea
FBM2009 A/N to pipe..4 qty..$7 each
799-654320 Russell hose separators
anodized aluminum...3 qty..$12 each
I got everything from Jeg’s.
Your choice of filters..mine was the old favorite FL-1A’s. Will be ordering the billet units from K & N here shortly. Washable units, great filtration. Hope this helps!

Thanks Helo Driver! That looks great! I will definitely be checking it out. And sorry for the late reply, but I never got any notification emails, so figured no one was responding to my question.

Helo driver

Reaction score
Sure thing Rongway! Hey 07navi...have you ever been underneath an Ecoboost engine? That silly pan that Ford has deemed essential business is a PAIN IN MY ASS....Your situation is 180 degrees from mine. Yours... easy peasy... Eco...hassle, messy, ridiculous. I still can’t believe that this is the best they could do. I know my setup is not necessary. It sure as hell doesn’t save money. BUT WHO BUY A VEHICLE AS BIG AS THIS AND WORRY ABOUT EITHER COST OR MILEAGE??? WTF...

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Sure thing Rongway! Hey 07navi...have you ever been underneath an Ecoboost engine? That silly pan that Ford has deemed essential business is a PAIN IN MY ASS....Your situation is 180 degrees from mine. Yours... easy peasy... Eco...hassle, messy, ridiculous. I still can’t believe that this is the best they could do. I know my setup is not necessary. It sure as hell doesn’t save money. BUT WHO BUY A VEHICLE AS BIG AS THIS AND WORRY ABOUT EITHER COST OR MILEAGE??? WTF...
Turn on the shower and get in. Then have someone flush a toilet or start watering the lawn. The engine is designed to work with the filter it came with. It has an anti drain back and keeps the pump primed. Your new set up may be harming your engine and voiding the warranty.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That video is proof positive for my setup and a Fumoto valve.
I saw another video where the oil all ran out the back from the filter when the front was raised. I'm thinking you could just use a rectangular oil pan (just and old storage bin bottom is what I use) lone enough to catch it. A Fumoto might be OK if they make one for it but I would probably go with the long skinny clear plastic cheapo pan.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember that different years use different plugs, covers, filter locations, etc. and I get that everyone has an opinion on the best way to change your oil so take the comments that apply to your specific year and sort out the data then decide.
Please don't recommend anything you haven't done yourself and try to sound like you're the expert.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There’s always some “karen” more than happy to tell you how wrong you are.

question: why would two filters drop the oil pressure? In this case, isn’t the increase in volume transparent?

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember that different years use different plugs, covers, filter locations, etc. and I get that everyone has an opinion on the best way to change your oil so take the comments that apply to your specific year and sort out the data then decide.
Please don't recommend anything you haven't done yourself and try to sound like you're the expert.
I don't have to own one to know how it works, it's a no brainer.

Last edited: