Ordered my new bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I placed an order for a TAG wincher bumper. After initially wanting it full up with lights and stuff I decided against it. I chose one without any lights or light holes because I want my bumper to have fewer vulnerabilities - I don't want to be scared of breaking lights. See attached for how it might look - although that's an f150. Other than light holes, I ordered one like that. I did, however, ask for light tabs on the grill guard for floods / fogs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 199

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That bumper rocks! 100 lbs of extra weight up front though. I may have to consider one.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! I'm looking at the same TAG bumper, I can't wait to start back to work!!! Loluploadfromtaptalk1393200031983.jpg

Sent from my $amsung $III using Tapatalk

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion but they make it look like the truck has a fat lip.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed. The guys at TAG are great to work with and quality on mine was first rate.
I didn't end up liking the gloss black finish though (just too shiny) and ended up spraying it inside and out with bedliner paint to match the flares. I think the only thing that I would change, if I did it again would be to delete the shackle mounts. They really aren't necessary with the frame mounted tow hooks.

The lights are recessed, so it never occurred to me that they could get damaged.

When it comes time to put the winch in, contact the folks at Custom Splice about some synthetic winch rope. Best thing I ever did. No more heavy gloves needed when pulling cable.

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it had the guards that go over the lights and grill, then it doesn't look to bad to me.

OP
OP
D

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks nice. I'd like to get something like that for my 98.

Thanks! Check out their site - tacticalarmorgroup.com

That bumper rocks! 100 lbs of extra weight up front though. I may have to consider one.

I thought about that too - but it's sprung weight; will have much less affect than when I added the HUGE weight increase of un-sprung in the form of tires and wheels. Worth it though, on both accounts.

Just my opinion but they make it look like the truck has a fat lip.

I agree :)

You won't be disappointed. The guys at TAG are great to work with and quality on mine was first rate.
I didn't end up liking the gloss black finish though (just too shiny) and ended up spraying it inside and out with bedliner paint to match the flares. I think the only thing that I would change, if I did it again would be to delete the shackle mounts. They really aren't necessary with the frame mounted tow hooks.

The lights are recessed, so it never occurred to me that they could get damaged.

When it comes time to put the winch in, contact the folks at Custom Splice about some synthetic winch rope. Best thing I ever did. No more heavy gloves needed when pulling cable.

Thanks - I ordered mine in satin, as opposed to glossy. We'll see. And I ended up switching the order - adding 5" lights like this, in the inboard location:

Anat10.jpg

WRT damage - placing them inboard protects them more; I was worried about hitting trees, etc, on the trails - most of that would happen at the corners, which I'm leaving steel.

Thanks guys! Will keep y'all updated.