Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankie paladin

Reaction score
To bring this back up, I have the same problem with the hood and tailgate bubbling, is there anyway to send a group email to try and get something done about this?

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford is well aware of the cause of this problem and has lost lawsuits over it. But the odds are in their favor that most people won't / can't afford to go down that route.

To me, the attached pdf. seems like an admission of guilt that it's their fault.

( BACKGROUND - Ford's Scientific Research Laboratory has performed a number of tests on vehicle body parts returned for corrosion related concerns. Testing has revealed that the aluminum corrosion was caused by iron particles working their way into the aluminum body part, prior to it being painted. )

Matt

Attachments

• tsb-06-25-15-aluminum-body-panels-corrosion-service-tip.pdf
    68.5 KB · Views: 202

ExpyBillD

Reaction score
THANKS, RI-Matt. I printed out the PDF and will show it to a neighbor of mine who does this type of work. He is to repair the bubbling I currently have on my tailgate just below the license plate area at the edge.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to brag or anything, but I haven't seen a complaint on here about 1st GEN Expeditions (1997-2002) bubbling. :lol:

My old 02 Expy Eddie Bauer had the paint bubbling on the hood. It also had rust forming by the gas filler door.

Feel better now ? :Big Laugh:

Matt

OP
OP
S

swartzzz

Reaction score
Guy's. Here is the REAL deal and why this sucks! No offense to you older Expy guys, but the 07-up expeditions have aluminum hoods and hatches. They will never corrode through! This is due to contamination in the painting process! Ford sucks for not taking care of this! I wish BMW, Mercedes, or Audi made a BIG ASS Suv! While they would be mechanically lacking, there would be NO issue with paint! Those german freaks coated the pedals of my m5 with 5-6 coats of color! THEN, they put rubber pads over them!

samuraj

Reaction score
How about rusting out radiator support, big safety concern
How about falling side steps (rust) U can broke legs on those !!!!!!
paint bubbling .....? yes my 06 has it. but , I live with it.
So.. time for recall , or I buy cadillac next time.

P.S. this message is for FORD MOTOR COMPANY please respond.

hmm. I can wait for new radiator support and steps, Im sure my local dealer will call me to schedule pick-up and repair. They even trow shelby 500 for loaner free off charge.:favorites37:

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's one

Not to brag or anything, but I haven't seen a complaint on here about 1st GEN Expeditions (1997-2002) bubbling. :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble LOL, get it? But I had a 1999 Tea Green Eddie Baur that had paint bubbling on the lip of the hood in two places.