parking sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey y'all I got a 2002 E.B. about a month and a half ago and i'm trying to get everything working on it again. basically all I have left to do is fix the dreaded exhaust manifold leak ( $300 ), figure out why the engine cuts out on sharp left turns and fix the parking assist system.
I decided my next issue would be the easiest of them and fix the parking assist system which from fords tech center troubleshooting seems to point to the sensors themselves being bad. after looking at them I can say yes, they are all trashed and have holes in them so obviously the prior owner(s) didn't use the system... My issue is I cannot find a part number for them. Fords own tech website doesn't even list it as being a part on a 2002 expedition but I know its factory plus another fella on this forum told me he has an 01' with the parking assist in it so it was an option. Autozone only had the duralast P/N and they wanted $160 and some change for ONE of them! I see on ebay people selling all four for less than $100 but there appears to be many different P/N for them and apparently all the ones I checked where incompatible with the 2002 expedition so I don't know what one fits the 2002 E.B. anyone know what the correct P/N is for the parking sensors??

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

I would suggest that you remove one of the sensors and check to see if a part number is on the sensor

OP
OP
J

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well the only number on the sensor is 250450 which doesn't correspond to anything. after much research It is supposedly the same system used in the 2001-2005 excursion which uses a P/N: 1l1z-15k859-aa. this is odd though as the 2003 expedition supposedly used P/N : 4F23-15K859-AA / 3F2Z-15K859-BA. my dilemma is this, the part of the 2002 expie is $100 minimum for ONE, the part for the 03' expie is $50 for all four. Does anyone know if the 02-03 sensors are interchangeable? they look identical but they have different part numbers, one would save me a lot of money..

OP
OP
J

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah im not going to fix them unless I can get them for the 03' sensor price but I would really like to get all the systems back up and running on this ol' gal

B

bedrck46

what is the web site you were referring to for the trouble shooting information

OP
OP
J

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford tech resource center. I can access it from my work computer but cant save the data from the page..

Scott Yancey

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Expedition and the part# is YL14-15K859-AB, I hope this will help you out. I haven't been able to find a deal on them yet, good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712