Parking Sensors Acting Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhExped

Reaction score
My '18 Limited previously had a situation where the parking sensors that detect when you're close to an object and trigger the various warnings on the dash wasn't working at all. Took the dealer a LONG time to figure out what was going on, but they finally got it repaired and everything was back to "normal" for quite awhile.

Recently, however, my wife and I have noticed that sometimes we can be practically only a few inches from an object and the system will fail to alert. Other times, it seems to work just fine. Not always the same area (front/back/side) and definitely not repeatable. But, there are definitely times when we've come close to running into something (backing up or maneuvering around a tricky obstacle, for example) with not a peep out of the parking sensor alert system.

Of course, dealer can't reproduce so "system operating normally" according to them.

Anyone else come across this? if so, what was the ultimate diagnosis and repair? Thanks in advance for any insight.

firstford

Reaction score
I have a 2018 XL Platinum, passenger-side BLIS alerts when making a right turn when no object is in the area. Took it to my ford dealer and they told me that no codes are showing up so everything is fine. I asked them to take it for a test drive. They then told me something is wrong with the system but they can't fix it and had never seen the problem before. Could you please tell me what the first fix was that was performed on your Limited?
Thanks