Parking Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sobert

Reaction score
My parking sensors keep beeping even when I am driving down the road and nothing is remotely close to my Expedition. What could be causing this and how can I fix?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

What year is your Expedition? Do you have forward sensors or just rear sensors? First visually inspect all of the sensors. It might be something as simple as a sensor that is out of place. I had that happen on my 05 once. Whenever I put it in reverse it would go off like I was about to hit something. It turned out that one of the sensors got pushed into the rear bumper at the car wash by the pressure washer. I had to reach up behind the bumper and I had to snap it back into place once I did that it worked fine, beyond that it is going to take some diagnosis.

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2014 does the same thing. It's very seldom and very random. Just driving down the road with nothing around and it will beep a few times. It's so infrequent I haven't bothered to diagnose it any further, other than to make sure the sensors are clean with some glass cleaner. I only hand wash, so they shouldn't be dislodged by water pressure. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has this issue.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2014 does the same thing. It's very seldom and very random. Just driving down the road with nothing around and it will beep a few times. It's so infrequent I haven't bothered to diagnose it any further, other than to make sure the sensors are clean with some glass cleaner. I only hand wash, so they shouldn't be dislodged by water pressure. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has this issue.

I have a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4 - purchased new and never wrecked or damaged. The vehicle was ordered by me and picked up with 2 miles on it - two days after it arrived.

Since new, the FRONT parking sensors will activate intermittently with no pattern. The owner's manual states to keep the sensor clean and clear - and I have checked them several times. They look perfect and are not out of place. I took it to the selling dealer who could not duplicate the problem and of course, found no codes.....

I've also had the problem of a random "Trailer Wiring Fault" message appearing on the dash display. I have never towed with the vehicle and have never even opened the four and seven pin connectors. I took a picture of the warning and took it to the dealer. They could not duplicate and of course, found no codes.......

I've also had the problem of entering the vehicle, starting the engine with the push button start - and before driving away - the dash displays "No Key Detected". I replaced the battery in both fobs but continued to get the warning intermittently. I took it to the dealer who could not duplicate the problem and of course, found no codes........

Very frustrating.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too have had the front parking sensor issue. Sitting alone at a stoplight, no cars around, it starts going off intermittently. I disabled it in the menu. If I need to park close to a wall in a downtown garage or similar I just re-engage it.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too have had the front parking sensor issue. Sitting alone at a stoplight, no cars around, it starts going off intermittently. I disabled it in the menu. If I need to park close to a wall in a downtown garage or similar I just re-engage it.
Doesn't re-enable itself when you start the car again?

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Andy - I'll have to check. It happens so infrequently that I really don't think about it. What good is the check box in the menu if it keeps re-enabling?? But I know each carmaker is different on that stuff. On my Audis, the first thing I did before leaving the dealer's lot when I bought them was to disable that start/stop thing and the lane keeping nanny. On the Audi it stays off for good. Other carmakers you have to disable it each time you drive.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember if it turns off permanently or if it shuts it off just for that driving session. I just checked my 17 owner's manual and it doesn't say.

Soupcan

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that I'm not going crazy. I just purchased a 2015 Limited last Monday and my front sensors have gone off a few random times at a stop light. Nothing's perfect I guess..

Everything else is awesome in this vehicle so far.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that I'm not going crazy. I just purchased a 2015 Limited last Monday and my front sensors have gone off a few random times at a stop light. Nothing's perfect I guess..

Everything else is awesome in this vehicle so far.
The owner's manual says that they activate at about 30" when you are in drive and stopped or moving slowly. I have noticed when backing up into my driveway, if the wind is blowing and the bushes are moving, I get the vehicle approaching from the side warning tones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni