Parts interchange??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco635

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm new up here but not new to the forums as I've been on classic bronco for a while.
So anyways my wife's 07 that we have had since 08 got hit in the pass front corner.
Long story short I wanna fix 'er back up.
Need front pass fender, door, front bumper, grill and step.
Also both upper and lower control arms.
My question is do u guys know if any of the parts interchange from 2nd gen (03-06) I know front clip is diff for sure but was thinking maybe door and fender maybe?
Reason I ask is seems those are a little more available in the bone yards than the 07 and up are.
Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm new up here but not new to the forums as I've been on classic bronco for a while.
So anyways my wife's 07 that we have had since 08 got hit in the pass front corner.
Long story short I wanna fix 'er back up.
Need front pass fender, door, front bumper, grill and step.
Also both upper and lower control arms.
My question is do u guys know if any of the parts interchange from 2nd gen (03-06) I know front clip is diff for sure but was thinking maybe door and fender maybe?
Reason I ask is seems those are a little more available in the bone yards than the 07 and up are.
Thanks guys.

As far as I know, no sheet metal exchanges between 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen. Some of the suspension components might. The running boards may be similar but I'm not sure if the mounting is the same.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have a pick and pull in your area give them a call or go by. They have an interchange that can tell you if the parts will fit.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone has swapped a 3rg gen front clip onto a second gen and it bolted up, but you will need the whole package: bumper, fenders, grille, hood, headlights, and core/radiator support. I cant offer much more on it since I have not done it myself, but if you search on the topic on here you should find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone has swapped a 3rg gen front clip onto a second gen and it bolted up, but you will need the whole package: bumper, fenders, grille, hood, headlights, and core/radiator support. I cant offer much more on it since I have not done it myself, but if you search on the topic on here you should find it.

I read that thread and it took a lot of work to make it all fit. As I recall he had to make custom brackets for the headlights and a custom latch for the hood in addition to replacing the radiator support.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read that thread and it took a lot of work to make it all fit. As I recall he had to make custom brackets for the headlights and a custom latch for the hood in addition to replacing the radiator support.
Ahh my bad haha, it has been awhile since I read it, I don't remember all that custom work then.