Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In case anyone missed it earlier in this thread, Ford has a fix for the mirrors moving on their own and clicking. They reprogrammed mine per SSM 47835 back in May and they haven't acted up since.
Took my 2018 XLT in to the dealer for some minor fixes and told them about the SSM47835 (they had no idea about the reflash). They advised after I gave the the SSM number that it was a fix for the mirror issue and reprogrammed the PDM and DDM. I will report back in a few weeks to let everyone know if it worked or not.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is happening more and more frequently on ours, but never the same mirror twice in a row and one time a mirror will go up and down, the next time in and out. It always happens as soon as you push on the start button. I was finally able to record one fluttering mirror with my phone and sent the video clip in to the service writer I deal with. He hadn't heard of the SSM, but said he'd look it up and be ready for the next time I bring mine in for service.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine always happened when I opened the door which would activate initial power up of the fuel pump and dash board.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is going in tomorrow for this - but of course I can't report success for at least a month. It's happened twice this week though...
I'm going to tempt fate here and report that I haven't had the mirror issue since the firmware update 2 weeks ago. This is looking good.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The more gizmos, the more gremlins... I worked in aerospace for 30 years, believe me. :)

eatonmom

Reaction score
I have had my '18 for a year and a half now. It has happened to me 8 times. Both my mirrors adjust themselves at the same time in and out and in and out. I usually physically stop it by pushing the mirror adjustment buttons and it stops. I don't use easy entry, nor am I tall (5'4"). I have not had to take my car in for any other reasons so I have yet to bring it up. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took my 2018 XLT in to the dealer for some minor fixes and told them about the SSM47835 (they had no idea about the reflash). They advised after I gave the the SSM number that it was a fix for the mirror issue and reprogrammed the PDM and DDM. I will report back in a few weeks to let everyone know if it worked or not.
So, any more mirror issues?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No more mirror issues that I've seen. Looks like SSM47835 is the vaccine, if not the cure, for the mirror Gremlins.
Great, thanks for the update. I’m going to have this address at my next service.

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Little update...took mine in to finally get this popping thing dealt with. The only annoying thing is they are charging me 60 bucks for a computer update...still under warranty. But I am so over it I would pay 200...sadly.

Also...my water pump failed which is why its at the dealer in the first place...total fail for Ford on the build quality.