Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had our passenger mirror replaced (2018 Platinum) and it has been behaving, but recently the driver's side did it. Time to go back to the dealer!

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine hasn't been doing it since the weather warmed up at the end of May.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine did a big song and dance a week or so ago, biggest performance yet. Nothing since.

dubyalodge

Reaction score
Following this post. Mine does the same thing. Headed to dealership next week so I'll have them check it all out.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In case anyone missed it earlier in this thread, Ford has a fix for the mirrors moving on their own and clicking. They reprogrammed mine per SSM 47835 back in May and they haven't acted up since.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is going in tomorrow for this - but of course I can't report success for at least a month. It's happened twice this week though...

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And I'm just seeing this now. After taking mine in for an oil change last week. Better late than never, I suppose.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine happens so I frequently thatbi think I’ll just live with it. I’ve assigned a very much loved and long dead family member to that particular apparition so now I feel all warm and fuzzy when I hear the cute rap tap tapping from that mirror.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine happens so I frequently thatbi think I’ll just live with it. I’ve assigned a very much loved and long dead family member to that particular apparition so now I feel all warm and fuzzy when I hear the cute rap tap tapping from that mirror.
Thanks, Artie. I got in this morning and the mirror started doing its dance...and all I could think of was your long-dead, much-loved relative. Haha

Now I have to get it fixed because that's all I'm going to think of every time it happens.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, Artie. I got in this morning and the mirror started doing its dance...and all I could think of was your long-dead, much-loved relative. Haha

Now I have to get it fixed because that's all I'm going to think of every time it happens.
Hahaha!