Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m sure they can work on the Ford but seeing as it’s a step up in service that wasn’t paid for in the cost of the car versus a Lincoln stepping down in service going to Ford I’m go out on a limb say no.
Hey Artie, I don't understand how it's a step up in service... Lincoln parts are made by Ford. Lincoln techs are trained by Ford. So taking my Expedition into a Lincoln dealership for service, I would think there wouldn't be any problems... But what do I know.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You do know just like buying Lincoln parts from a Ford dealership, you can have your Ford serviced by a Lincoln dealer. I'd explain to the Lincoln manager, the poor customer service you received at Ford. Be sure and record any time these items act up on you, that way you've got proof.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Artie, I don't understand how it's a step up in service... Lincoln parts are made by Ford. Lincoln techs are trained by Ford. So taking my Expedition into a Lincoln dealership for service, I would think there wouldn't be any problems... But what do I know.
What I meant was more in the way they treat you.... that type of service. For instance, they will drive your loaner to you wherever you are. When I call they know who I am and the service manager treats me almost like a friend... I’m sure they have notes on my account so he knows to ask about my kids or whatever but it’s a lot different than any other dealership I’ve dealt with. I haven’t had many interactions with them (4-5) but I’ve had some dumb new owner questions and things I thought may be issues and there is never a question as to them taking care of it and making sure whatever is done is to my satisfaction. The last time they brought back my car he ran through a puddle of water and we noticed on the walk around when he got to my house, he offered to take it back to re-wash it.... it had a few specks of water that I was able to just wipe off with a cloth but he was willing to take it back anyway, of course I didn’t let him. Anyway, what I’m trying to say is the give you the white glove treatment as opposed to what I’ve read written about the regular Ford experience on here.

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford doesn’t have a clue about this mirror that! This article blast has made it worse and they had it today and couldn’t figure it out. They did put in a request for ford engineering to get it sorted...hopefully!

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I keep coming back to this thread hoping for a TSB at some point. My Expy does this all the time, especially when it's really cold. i would say almost 50% of the time i get in the vehicle, the mirrors do their freak out thing, even had both left and right doing it at the same time. But i also have no hope of some random Ford tech actually fixing the issue, I assume it's going to be a software update and flash once they figure it out. 0% confidence in dealership service department for anything above standard servicing.

rs4-380

Reaction score
I keep coming back to this thread hoping for a TSB at some point. My Expy does this all the time, especially when it's really cold. i would say almost 50% of the time i get in the vehicle, the mirrors do their freak out thing, even had both left and right doing it at the same time. But i also have no hope of some random Ford tech actually fixing the issue, I assume it's going to be a software update and flash once they figure it out. 0% confidence in dealership service department for anything above standard servicing.

X2

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

It has been my experience with 49 years of vehicle ownership, that many dealer technicians not longer have the ability to trouble-shoot a problem (other than basics such as brakes, hoses, belts, etc.).

It there isn’t a code - they are clueless on what to do and how to fix it - even when the problem is duplicated.

Good luck.

I own a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4.

DCS_express

Reaction score
Mine is still doing it. What I find most annoying is when I am in a hurry - drive off before it's done popping and then I can't hit the memory 1 button to readjust the mirror unless it's in park. I guess I will have to try hitting the memory button before i put it in gear.

Question - does your mirror end up pointing at the sky when it's done - meaning it is basically pointing to the highest possible position? You would think an engineer could look for maximum something or another in their code.

Also anyone leave the mirror in the position it ended up in after it went crazy and take it to the dealer - leave it on so they can see that it's pointed to the sky? I haven't had time to do that but maybe that's an option if it's convenient for anyone (it isn't for me).

IF the mirror isn't aimed correctly then I do agree it becomes a safety issue.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My passenger mirror did this for the first time yesterday. It was pointed left (towards the car). I hope it doesn't become an ongoing issue...