Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Woohoo! You got a video! You need to head to the Pacific Northwest and see if you can get one of Sasquatch now...or buy a lottery ticket.

So we can all claim this video as our own for use at the dealership next time, right?

(I never thought about switching to my other key.)

Last edited:

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Woohoo! You got a video! You need to head to the Pacific Northwest and see if you can get one of Sasquatch now...or buy a lottery ticket.

So we can all claim this video as our own for use at the dealership next time, right?

Absolutely! I'm hoping the dealer will take this as evidence that there is an issue. Interesting that it seems to be affecting the same mirror for everyone which makes me wonder if it's a module or something with the actual hardware.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I’m trying to figure out if you’re being an a$$ or just trying to be funny? Getting a video of the condition is about the only way you are going to show what’s happening to the service rep. It is random and cannot be duplicated on demand. Every time it happens I try to Record it with date and time stamp so I can work with the service writer for a solution.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out if you’re being an a$$ or just trying to be funny? Getting a video of the condition is about the only way you are going to show what’s happening to the service rep. It is random and cannot be duplicated on demand. Every time it happens I try to Record it with date and time stamp so I can work with the service writer for a solution.
Haha, sorry for the confusion...I was totally going for humor. When this happens to me I just hit the preset button to correct the issue without remembering to take a video or don't have my phone available. I have been trying to get a video since it first happened as it's a condition that's impossible to replicate on command and my dealer just keeps telling me to bring them something showing the problem.

So truly I was going for humor and my apologies if it didn't come off that way. I really appreciate the video as I can now take it up with my dealer and try to get it addressed.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha, sorry for the confusion...I was totally going for humor. When this happens to me I just hit the preset button to correct the issue without remembering to take a video or don't have my phone available. I have been trying to get a video since it first happened as it's a condition that's impossible to replicate on command and my dealer just keeps telling me to bring them something showing the problem.

So truly I was going for humor and my apologies if it didn't come off that way. I really appreciate the video as I can now take it up with my dealer and try to get it addressed.
All is good, Happy Thanksgiving!

LVMCPA

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and now my radio is moving so slow that it is almost worthless. It also drops the Bluetooth connection and reconnects randomly. I took it to the dealer yesterday (2nd time for mirror issue 1st time for slowness of radio) They said the sync modul has a short in it and that was preventing everything from working properly. So they have ordered it and should put it in next week. From search around I think the “sync module” is also called the APIM module. Maybe it is worth mentioning and keeping an eye out for other things as we deal with the mirror issue.

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've experienced this a few times too. Always with my key (#2) and always the passenger side. I can stop the issue by clicking my memory button.
I got one too...Ford didn't care. They said "You have plenty of warranty...if it stops working all together we can work with you on fixing it." SOOOO COMFORTING to hear this when you paid 70,000+ for a vehicle...
I also find it fairly embarrassing that it does it when I am taking clients around in it.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got one too...Ford didn't care. They said "You have plenty of warranty...if it stops working all together we can work with you on fixing it." SOOOO COMFORTING to hear this when you paid 70,000+ for a vehicle...
I also find it fairly embarrassing that it does it when I am taking clients around in it.

A quick way to make it stop is to push the button that folds the mirrors in, it’s right next to where you adjust the mirrors. It takes all of half a second: if the mirror begins to pop push that button and then push it again as soon as the mirror starts to fold in. It’s stopped it every time for me. Of course the car knows when you have clients to embarrass you in front of just as it knows when you take it to the mechanic it begins to quit making that funny sound or whatever you’re taking it in for.