Passenger Windshield wiper stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alcgraham

Reaction score
So I'm in need of some advice. I have an 04 Expy with 214,000 miles on it. My passenger windshield wiper just stopped in the middle of wiping. The driver one is working thank goodness, but not sure what to investigate. Please help.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
not sure what to investigate

There is an arm that goes from the motor to the driver side wiper.
Then there is another arm from the driver side to the passenger side wiper and that has fallen off
Remove wipers arms then the black plastic bezzle to see everything. (I removed bezzle then closed hood to have easier access)
It could be that the retaining clip fell off and the passenger arm slid of the pin.

At worse you can replace the whole thing only a few bolts holding the whole system on. Defiantly something you can do it super easy.

OP
OP
A

alcgraham

Reaction score
Great, thank you! My husband got it disassembled and we are waiting for the new part. Thanks so much for the help!!!!

OP
OP
A

alcgraham

Reaction score
So we are wondering where you can find the wiper linkage bushings for the 2004 expedition. Does anyone have a place you know where to find them?

OP
OP
A

alcgraham

Reaction score
My husband ending up drilling through the bushing and putting a bolt in it. It works good a new! We got the full replacement linkage but it is not a heavy duty as the original so we are sticking with this fix for now!